IGNORED

How many games did come out for the lynx??

paul2900

go to www.atarisales.com

they only ever sold one of these back in the days of the release of othello

at video 61 (it was to me!).these just were not a wanted item by folks with

their othello cart.

tell lance that you want one.the last i knew,he was making them up to order for $19.95 each.tell him i sent you there.also,tell him i said, hi!!

--the lynxer

i don't see "evergreen" on our lists of games here.it was supposedly only

a small release of only "13" games from jagsoft 5 back in 1999.i guess,

they only received 13 orders for it?it was mentioned here or on deja.com

back in the day as being available for order from them.they also had a

title called "river run" coming a few months later (was it a river raid clone

as such?).has anyone ever seen these?

yes,i know,it was not an "official" atari release in the day.still thought i

would mention it on the forum for folks to ponder. :) --the lynxer

A few other games not on your list are Pinball Jam, Pitfighter 2, SFX, and Remnant - Planer Wars.

Yes, I have those. I'm not sure why or how they got deleted. Probably when I edited my Excel file. I tried to delete the dupes and deleted those along with them :roll:

I had a friendly dispute with chrislynx1999 a few months ago about the status of "Eye of the Beholder". There was a small run of carts for this game about a year ago' date=' and they were sold and distributed to a small group of collectors (no, I wasn't one of them! :) ). I consider this to be a private pirate run, but Chris felt that this was a commercial release. I suppose that it is, like the game itself, in sort of a grey area.[/quote']

hello david,

i don't seem to remember ever talking to you about any of this a few

months ago,are you sure you have your facts straight?

i'm sorry you were not part of the group of collectors that managed to swing a copy of this (i wasn't one of them,either!) for their collection.some

people get all the breaks out there in atariland! i wish i had gotten a copy

of this for myself too. :( --the lynxer

PM Sent; good thing I'm such a packrat. :D

About the LGSS cart...

go to www.atarisales.com

they only ever sold one of these back in the days of the release of othello

at video 61 (it was to me!).these just were not a wanted item by folks with

their othello cart.

tell lance that you want one.the last i knew,he was making them up to order for $19.95 each.tell him i sent you there.also,tell him i said, hi!!

--the lynxer

Actually I bought one with my Othello when it came out from video 61. So make that two carts. Unfortunately I dropped my LGSS cart when I was walking the stairs and it fell all the way from the 8th floor to the 2nd floor. The EPROM split in two and I never got a replacement. Anyway the idea was nice and Harry was kind enough to give me the sources so that I could experiment with the technology. It is just so much easier to use the downloader for beaming over games as Matthias did. So the idea did not catch on with other developers.

--

karri

hello david,

i don't seem to remember ever talking to you about any of this a few

months ago,are you sure you have your facts straight?

i'm sorry you were not part of the group of collectors that managed to swing a copy of this (i wasn't one of them,either!) for their collection.some

people get all the breaks out there in atariland! i wish i had gotten a copy

of this for myself too.  :( --the lynxer

Guess my memory isn't so good after all; I was wrong. My apologies to chris_lynx1989.

• 6 months later...

I had a friendly dispute with chrislynx1999 a few months ago about the status of "Eye of the Beholder". There was a small run of carts for this game about a year ago' date=' and they were sold and distributed to a small group of collectors (no, I wasn't one of them! :) ). I consider this to be a private pirate run, but Chris felt that this was a commercial release. I suppose that it is, like the game itself, in sort of a grey area.

[right']796267[/snapback][/right]

This is the stuff in the collecting world that bugs me.... The game is out there. It can be copied. It apparently HAS been copied... but to a select few.

I don't consider it a 'commercial release'. I consider it BS because someone out there is just sitting on this and then releasing just a few copies. Bugs the crap out of me. (I know you weren't the one Chris... I'm just saying it is obvious SOMEONE did this and I think it is really a shame).

One of the catches w/ Eye of the Beholder is that it was recently re-released on the GBA. A while back I was actually talking to Harry about getting a copy and he sounded as if he was willing to do it right up until Nintendo announced their release of it. With all the lawsuits that were going on from them right about then he backed out and I understand why.