IGNORED

Sears II All-In-One Controller

Osmeroid

I got one of those. This is what it is. The sears video arcade II switches the fire button and the right button as each fire. So, it will only work as a joystick on other atari's. However, you can do what I did. Cut the trace on the inside and solder a jumper from right on the joystick to the right fire button, so now the paddle fire is the right button while the joystick button is the left.

It won't work because the paddles are wired differently so that they're in alternate ports. (Actually, you should try to find a game that uses the "wrong" paddle and see if you can get that to work.)

They will probably work fine on a Coleco Gemini, which did the same thing, only with support for two paddles instead of four.

FYI, in my experience the controllers are harder to find in the wild than the SVAII console. Of course someone probably has a stash of 'em, making my observation incorrect when you count ebay into the equation.

Thanks guys - I have a couple of these, one of them still in it's box.

Shame that it only performs dual roles on the SVG2 - need to get one of those now! :D

Whether or not you'll need to get one, it is one sweet looking unit. 7800 style with tomorrowland style LEDs. Very funky. Looks pretty sleek in operation.

I'd love to get a real 2800 though, but I doubt I'll see one of those within my price range any time soon.

Thanks guys - I have a couple of these, one of them still in it's box.

Shame that it only performs dual roles on the SVG2 - need to get one of those now! :D

Whether or not you'll need to get one, it is one sweet looking unit. 7800 style with tomorrowland style LEDs. Very funky. Looks pretty sleek in operation.

I'd love to get a real 2800 though, but I doubt I'll see one of those within my price range any time soon.

And don't even bug me lol, I have been hunting all over japan for one of these to no prevail.

I got one of those. This is what it is. The sears video arcade II switches the fire button and the right button as each fire. So, it will only work as a joystick on other atari's. However, you can do what I did. Cut the trace on the inside and solder a jumper from right on the joystick to the right fire button, so now the paddle fire is the right button while the joystick button is the left.

My Sears VA2 Controller works without modification ;)

Mike