IGNORED

What atari 2600 games can be played on Paper?

Propane13

In elementary and junior high school we played plenty of finger-tip-on-pencil combat games.

When I was in 5th grade I was in MGM/GATE -- which basically gave us on period a day to have the opportunity to propose any project and work on it for as long as we want. I created a 3-D space-themed board game. It was basically a square spiral track that slowly rose about 12 inches off the base. Some of the spaces you would land on had black holes -- little tubes that would send your game piece down the chute back to a lower level. Some of the spaces had a hyperspace function -- a little platform/string/pulley system that would (manually) lift your game piece further up the board to a space above it (with a hole cut in it for the platform to arrive), putting you closer to the finish at the top of the spiral. The whole thing was made out of cardboard and construction paper and included question cards that required a correct answer to advance. The questions on the cards were about space science, Star Wars, and space-themed video games (which games, I can't remember).

That thing took me so long to build, wish I had it today. It survived until about '84 or '85 when I was in high school ... but pretty banged up, I decided to ditch it.