IGNORED

spy vs spy ?? pal to ntsc question ?

jchiar

• 1 month later...

If it's just a graphical hack, this should do: I've just replaced the graphics from Spy vs Spy PAL into a NSTC Chopper Command!

Let me know if it's ok, otherwise I can probably start from the PAL hack.

This wouldn't be any challenge for Thomas so forgive my intromission! ;)

Just needed to get back into some asm!

Also I couldn't test it on real hardware since I don't have a NTSC system here.

Regards!

Rasty.-

spyntsc.zip

Rest assured it's nothing to do with secret agents running around electrifying door knobs, stealing plans and running off in an airplane in the hangar. icon_smile.gif

:_( :_( :mad:

I was just thinking the other day... I wonder if spy vs. spy would be possible on Atari... having a two player screen may be a stretch to say the least. Then I saw this thread, and of course had high, high hopes, only to get them dashed. Chopper Command was a pretty cool game by the way, as most Activision games were. Thoughts on the difficulty/ability to port a SvS game anyone?

-JD

A good point about the actual Spy vs Spy was the split screen and low screen action.. but I doubt a conversion that doesnt' rely on heavily blocky graphics and/or lots of flicker for the backgrounds could be possible..

Regards!

Rasty.-

how about 1 player only and 2-3 fairly simple levels? However, I think this game is only really fun with 2 people, and not being able to do split-screen is what I think would destroy the project. :( Great game though... maybe we could steal the Barnstorming graphics for when you win! :)

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...wareLabelID=976

-JD[/url]

how about 1 player only and 2-3 fairly simple levels?

Well, that would be pretty much the same graphically since split screen would let you reuse player graphics vertically which is flicker free anyway!

maybe we could steal the Barnstorming graphics for when you win!  :)

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...wareLabelID=976

I've never finished the game, was there a sequence like that?

Regards!

Rasty.-

rasty:

Well, that would be pretty much the same graphically since split screen would let you reuse player graphics vertically which is flicker free anyway!

Yeah, I thought that at first too, but the problem is when both people show up in the same room. It would be hard to draw them fighting each other wouldn't it?

rasty:

I've never finished the game, was there a sequence like that?

Every time you beat a level, the one with all the items, would fly down the runway in the plane, narrowly avoid the other player, who would then explode. Actually I think the Barnstorming plane is probably as good or even better than the NES version, but that was a long, long time ago, and I was like 10-12 when I played it. If I recall, there were 6 levels in the game, and the same sequence played after the final level as well. I could be mistaken on that though.