IGNORED

A couple of questions

vali_ent

As a recently started Lynx collector (i got my first lynx back in 1990 but didn`t start to collect before now) I have a few questions.

As I am patroling eBay and 5-6 websites daily for good lynx deals I keep seeing Ninja Gaiden and Xenophobe for as much as £99.99 each, although they are not very rare according to atariages rarity guide.

Then how come the stiff prices? I`ve just received both games boxed with manuals for about $15 together, making me think i`ve just done the best deal in a long time.

And secondly: I`ve just ordered a few games from the 16/32 store, but after a week i still havent received any shipping confirmation or games, is it a reliable webshop?

Sounds great, it looked like a good and honest site, with not so bad prices either.

Yes the Lynx system is incredible, but i must admit it holds a lot of weak game titles, i received battlewheels the other day, and i must say i was very dissappointed, not a very good game at all.

On the other hand,Klax weighs up for every weak title on the lynx :P

I'm curious, what did you not like about BattleWheels? I think most Lynx fans put this in their top 5 "showcase" games for the Lynx. The 3D engine is superb and I love being able to customize your car with all the different weapons. Or for a quick battle you can just take a pre-built car. Add on top of that support for 6 players comlynxed (hard to find enough players, I know) and it's a very impressive and fun game overall IMO.

Of course I have to agree with you on Klax, that game is maddeningly fun! Shanghai and Crystal Mines II are two other excellent puzzlers on the Lynx.

Ah...Telegames...I should have known. Their prices are crazy. I don't really consider them a real place to buy from.

I got my Xenophobe for 8 bucks.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/lynx.htm

Best Electronics (I think they're a little high, but they're really good) destroy's Telegames' price. I personally wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it, but your currency is worth more than USD...it might be an option for you.

Ah...Telegames...I should have known.  Their prices are crazy.  I don't really consider them a real place to buy from.

I got my Xenophobe for 8 bucks.  

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/lynx.htm

Best Electronics (I think they're a little high, but they're really good) destroy's  Telegames' price.  I personally wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it, but your currency is worth more than USD...it might be an option for you.

Telegames did release after-market licensed versions of several games ("Checkered Flag") in their jewel cases and EPROM boards, and these have found some interest in the market (primarily because they're rare).

They're also the only reliable source for Telegames' '90s releases, such as "Fat Bobby" and "Bubble Trouble".

When I got Battlewheels i played it nonstop for about 1.5 hours, trying the different stuff, building a badass car etc. But its the same thing on and on, no difference at all, all tracks gave me the same feeling, never anything to look forward to. Allthough the graphics are quite good, this wasnt a very exciting game (haven`t tried multiplayer yet)

But I agree that crystal mines and shanghai are excellent games (too bad some mother#%"/" stole my copy of shanghai,roadblasters + more under a burglary when i lived in england some years ago)

It's true that BattleWheels is a pretty straightforward game -- no races, no bosses, etc. Just a simple slugfest (or call it a deathmatch if you like). It's probably even more fun comlynxed, but I found back in the day that I still like playing solo, too -- the AI was pretty good, you didn't get splattered right away, etc. All the little touches on graphics, controls, audio, etc. just made it a fun experience. :)