IGNORED

slick stick controller HELP!!!

koward

I have been wanting one of these for a while. I won an auction on ebay for a 4 switch woody (I needed it also) and in the lot was a slik stik. One of the controllers were broken the auction said but I was hoping and praying that it wasn't that one. Sure enough I get the package and take it out and it has a nice little rattle to it. You know, like a maraca. Took it apart and it looked like someone had put a stick of dynamite in it. The only problem seems to be the bottom half where the metal clips clamp onto. Is there anyone out there that has a non working slick stick with a good bottom half. Please help me if at all possible. I have wanted to try this thing for awhile

I have been wanting one of these for a while.  I won an auction on ebay for a 4 switch woody (I needed it also) and in the lot was a slik stik.  One of the controllers were broken the auction said but I was hoping and praying that it wasn't that one.  Sure enough I get the package and take it out and it has a nice little rattle to it.  You know, like a maraca.  Took it apart and it looked like someone had put a stick of dynamite in it.  The only problem seems to be the bottom half where the metal clips clamp onto.  Is there anyone out there that has a non working slick stick with a good bottom half.  Please help me if at all possible.  I have wanted to try this thing for awhile

If you're talking about the ring that makes contact with the actual contacts, you are SOL unfortunately. Fortunately, that controller's a dime a dozen so you can easily find another cheap. :wink:

A friend had one of those "back in the day" that the ball broke off of the lower end of the stick, you could have made one good one from the parts of yours and that one, but unfortunately I'm sure it's been in a landfill for about 15-20 years by now...

If you're feeling ambitious, the one you have would be the perfect excuse to make an improved version like I always wanted - with the 8 directions going into the corners of an octagon, instead of the 4 primary directions being the flat sides of a square (which leads to inadvertent diagonal moves during especially hectic action).

I already made an improvement which works well with both the Slik Stik and the TAC-2: have you noticed that sometimes the fire button washer does not make full contact across both sides needed to complete the circuit? Move one wire from one of the bottom contacts to the bottom of the spring (you may need to notch the plastic spring guide sleeve), and jumper a wire between the two bottom contacts. Now you'll find that fire button much more reliable, since it only needs to hit either base contact, not both!