IGNORED

Ralph Baer & Atari

rolenta

Does the book have the schematics of the odyssey in it? I bugged David Winter about it(he runs Pong-Story.com), He said he has the schematics and would put them up on his site last september. I have yet to hear from him since.

It does but it's very difficult to read because of its size. However, we're selling a companion CD featuring all of the schematics which you can print out at whatever size you want. The CD will cost $10 separately but will be included free with all orders placed through the Rolenta Press website.

It does but  it's very difficult to read because of its size. However, we're selling a companion CD featuring all of the schematics which you can print out at whatever size you want.  The CD will cost $10 separately but will be included free with all orders placed through the Rolenta Press website.

Does this mean that those of us who have ordered the book will get the CD as well? What a great deal! Will either the book or the CD have images of the Odyssey TV screen overlays?

I'm still trying to think of some bit of wisdom for Mr. Baer to write in my book.

"The Odyssey .. what a great trip!"

"The Odyssey .. the original electronic Etch-A-Sketch"

I fondly remember playing with the Odyssey in the mid-70s .. fascinating simplicity .. that could not do much. We were desperate to have some kinda arcade experience!

In 1980 I had a summer time job working at the Chattanooga landfill doing a trash survey. One bag was opened up and there was an Odyssey! I salvaged everything I could find .. and unsure of exactly was part of the set. I connected it to the TV and it didn't work. I sent it back to Magnavox for service and they returned it without fixing it. Eventually it got thrown in the trash (again) probably by Mom. I do wish that I still had it to fix.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Will either the book or the CD have images of the Odyssey TV screen overlays?

Unfortunately, no. The book includes old Odyssey fliers that show all of the games but I think they were probably drawn in, rather than being the actual overlays.

By the way, today is Ralph's 83rd birthday!

Will either the book or the CD have images of the Odyssey TV screen overlays?

Unfortunately, no. The book includes old Odyssey fliers that show all of the games but I think they were probably drawn in, rather than being the actual overlays.

By the way, today is Ralph's 83rd birthday!

Happy Birthday Ralph! An author at 83! Wow!! Amazing what creative, imaginative, good living can do for a man!

Too bad about the overlays. I love the Haunted House and the Simon Says and the Sub Hunt overlays (all I can remember off the top of my middle aged brain).

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 2 weeks later...

I received a finished (unbound) copy of the book today and it looks fantastic. I have given the printer permission to go ahead and bind them and there's a (slight) chance that they may be shipped to me next week. I will most likely receiive them the following week and will take probably take them up to Ralph the weekend of April 1-3 to be signed.