IGNORED

dragonfire!!!

awsomo3000

Dragonfire's not bad, but it does get repetative. Dodging the incoming fireballs, then making a mad dash round the dragon's lair time and again kinda loses its appeal after the fourth or fifth time through. If they'd had a bit more variety of gameplay then it might have held my attention better.

Love Dragonfire. We just had it out a few weeks ago in the HSC and its a wonderfully simple and fun game. You really get into a zone and the action is intense.

I can see where it can feel repetitive, but I think a LOT of classic Atari games could shoulder that critique (Asteroids, Space Invaders.....)

Great game.

I think it says something that of the common Imagic cartridges out there, in my massive hoard of extras from collecting over the years, I have only one Dragonfire but tons of Demon Attacks and Cosmic Arks etc. People held on to their Dragon Fires. It's still the one I get people looking for more than any of the others. The graphics really play to the strength of the 2600 and the speed of the game and the VARIETY of the dragons really keeps the game intersting imho. and it's a great Zen game. My favorite type of game.

I liked this game very much, especially having to swoop around grabbing treasure...very nerve-racking.

I was also very much amused by the guys ability to jump while kneeling...

THere is one drawback though--it seems like Imagic had a few games that were kind of like 2 games in one...well Cosmic Ark is the other one I'm thinking of...and they always had one game more fun than the other...I much prefer picking up aliens to shooting meteors, and prefer grabbing tresure to getting fried on the drawbridge...

I just got this about two hours ago. Looking forward to getting better at it, but I can see how it can be pretty addicting.

Funny, never heard of or saw this when I was a kid.

Heh, I was kind of a freak, my first atari was a Columbia Home Arcade...and this game was the feature one month, so I remember having a catalog foldout w/ a poster for it on the other side...good times.

I just got [Dragonfire] about two hours ago. Looking forward to getting better at it, but I can see how it can be pretty addicting.

Funny, never heard of or saw this when I was a kid.

Strange, I seem to remember it was heavily promoted, including at least one TV commercial. My best friend who lived just down the street got it and I hated it, but he quickly became quite addicted!