IGNORED

What magazines were Atari ads in???

l3ushwig

Different magazines. Old Playboys, women's magazines, TV Guide, science and electronics and game magazines, and stuff like that. If I had the extra money, I'd go out searching for any old (cheap) magazines from the Atari years. I'd even get old Sears and JC Penney catalogs (and any other catalogs that had Atari games in them back then).

If you go to scan them in, just remember these two tips and your scans will look pretty good:

http://www.randomterrain.com/personal-scanning-tips.html

Edited by Random Terrain

Comic books ran many ads. Mostly Marvel in the 1980s. Since I was putting together a collection of ads I cut from old comics, I knew this well. Just remember that the comic book size is much smaller than any magazines. Most computer/gaming magazines of the time would have probably had some. I think I amassed about 33 or so ads from comic books. Sometimes ads were put back to back on the back cover.

Phil

Any magazine geared toward kids or electronics would be #1. Anything that deals with current trends or topics also (hence, TV guide and Playboy). National Geographic is a new one to me tho :lol:

-score-

Pretty much any comic magazine that offered ads.

Pretty much any magazine that dealt with electronics or computers.

ALL magazines devoted to gaming.

Quite a number of magazines that just had wide distribution.

"GAMES" magazine had some great review clusters...man I read this one issue (the one with "the Hemlock Kissoff" over and over and over)

Re: scanning tips...you mention the "screen" problem...I scanned in a New Yorker cartoon and it looked *awful*, but then I realized that was just the "extra screen" effect of having the scan zoomed out.