IGNORED

Valuation, puh-leeze?

kencrisis

So, I've been collecting for about 6 months and have been very happy with the most common commons so far. This week, I just started to delve into the world of rarer carts and don't really have an idea of value for a few R4 and R5 carts I just probably paid too much money for.

How much, in general are R4/5 carts worth? How much would you pay for:

Defender II (boxed, manual, opened)

Loose carts:

Off the Wall

Crackpots

Frostbite

Midnight Magic

Keep in mind that I don't really have access to swap meets or other magic sources of cheap finds. Online ordering is pretty much it for me.

You might consider tyring to buy systems with multiple games. I got quite a few from e-bay with 25+ games included for under $50 including shipping. This way I got some backup systems and joysticks and some decent games at lower prices. Thrifting is nearly nil around here too! :sad:

Get yourself a copy of the Video Game Collector from the Atari Age Store. It has  a price of every game loose and boxed so you would have a good average to use. I work for the magazine as the price guide advisor and #3 will be out soon and its all about Atari  :D

I seconed that Video Game Collector rocks!

Hey do you know if the new issue will have Virtual Boy in the price guide? The first two didnt have it for some reason.

-Tim :)

I just started to delve into the world of rarer carts and don't really have an idea of value for a few R4 and R5 carts I just probably paid too much money for.  How much, in general are R4/5 carts worth?

Are you asking how much you can Ebay them for on a good day, how much can you probably find them for if you look around or how much a collector would pay for complete mint copies? You can pay anywhere from 50 cents to 50.00 depending on title and completeness. I honestly don't think anything that's loose and under a 4's worth pricing and generally lump them in with the 1-3s when selling them. For most, not over a buck or two each. Maybe up to $5 each if you Ebay them.

That boxed Defender II's a nice score, BTW.

Are you asking how much you can Ebay them for on a good day, how much can you probably find them for if you look around or how much a collector would pay for complete mint copies?  You can pay anywhere from 50 cents to 50.00 depending on title and completeness.  I honestly don't think anything that's loose and under a 4's worth pricing and generally lump them in with the 1-3s when selling them.  For most, not over a buck or two each.  Maybe up to $5 each if you Ebay them.

Thanks. I know there's no hard rules about this kind of stuff. Just wanted to get a general idea of how much they generally sell for on Ebay. I didn't do too bad on the price when you factor in that I really wanted these titles. Desire is priceless.

Get yourself a copy of the Video Game Collector from the Atari Age Store. It has  a price of every game loose and boxed so you would have a good average to use. I work for the magazine as the price guide advisor and #3 will be out soon and its all about Atari  :D

My friend subscribed to the magazine and never got #2. What gives?

Phil