IGNORED

are repos not boot leggs?

bark40oz

i know i dont know everything there is about them but from what ive gathered, they are basicly just burnt roms to a chip than put in a shell with a new(some the same label sometimes different label)label. if i have this wrong PLEASE correct me. ive never supported bootleggs, but are repoductions from companies, are they given promission, i know its from a "dead system" and what not, but this has been chapping my hyde here.

please inform my newbness with the correctness

:? :???:

just my thoughts...

most Repro's are of proto's (non-released games,not sold in stores!) True these games are made by other community members and made just like you described, but since most proto's cost $$$$ this makes it so that collectors and players can buy a "released product" for a LOT LESS then a proto. as to if they should be labelled "bootleggs" IMO i would say NO, but i could see a very good debate over it claiming they are.

now if you are talking about repro's of games that were sold in stores or in other ways i would say 100% YES!! like if someone was to make a "copy/bootlegg" of cannon man or halloween...ect

personally i don't look at it as supporting bootleggs, but supporting the community.

hope this helps ya. :)

Rick

just my thoughts...

most Repro's are of proto's (non-released games,not sold in stores!) True these games are made by other community members and made just like you described, but since most proto's cost $$$$   this makes it so that collectors and players can buy a "released product" for a LOT LESS then a proto. as to if they should be labelled "bootleggs" IMO i would say NO, but i could see a very good debate over it claiming they are.

now if you are talking about repro's of games that were sold in stores or in other ways i would say 100% YES!!  like if someone was to make a "copy/bootlegg" of cannon man or halloween...ect

personally i don't look at it as supporting bootleggs, but supporting the community.

hope this helps ya.  :)

Rick

cool, that clears up alot!

thanks rick!