IGNORED

composite (RCA) modifiction for atari JR.

satan165

i noticed that the instructions in 'how-to' on www.atariage.com and those on www.benheck.com are quite different from one another

specifically, ben's plans add wires to 3 or 4 points with pots and a resistor to the bottom of the board

i understand that the addition of these wires/pots/etc is to be able to improve your video signal by 'tuning' it with the pots

but i was wondering how much of a difference it makes, if atariage.com is recommending that it isnt necessary

i was interested in hearing from people that had tried both and seeing how much of a difference there is

im planning on doing this mod soon and was set to do it per atariage.com's instructions when i found ben's.....now im not sure if i should follow his instead, tho they are more involved, so if the difference is negligable i wont bother

and suprisingly i seemed to find that many people on here are still using the old coax connections with the TV/game switchboxes and whatnot still....so maybe ill just do that instead, i figured that everyone would have mod'd their system for the composite outputs

i have a few more questions regarding the AA 2600Jr mod.

first what is meant by grounding the cable. what do i need to do

Now you connect the Audio. Solder the other cable to C19 (Audio). You can connect the audio to either side of the capacitor, the best results are obtained by placing it on the bottom of the capacitor (as shown). Again, remember to ground the cable

second - whats the best way to cut the case to make the rca cable come out the back?

thanks