IGNORED

New Atari 2600 releases

Atari Charles

Customer (=me): (slowly) Have you got any new Atari 2600 releases?

Owner (=Atari Charles): No.

Customer: Figures. Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place. Tell me:

Owner: Yessir?

Customer: (deliberately) Have you in fact got any Atari 2600 releases here at all.

Owner: Yes, sir.

Customer: Really?

(pause)

Owner: No. Not really, sir.

Customer: You haven't.

Owner: Nosir. Not a scrap. I was deliberately wasting your time, sir.

Customer: Well I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to shoot you.

Owner: Right-oh, sir.

(The customer takes out a gun and shoots the owner)

Customer: What a *senseless* waste of human life.

Shep: Thing is, when something big happens, like Grames buying the Atari legacy and making a weak product, it makes some hobbyists angry, and they express their feelings about it.

But when something small happens, such as a hobbyist making a cute parody page and offering it here for you to chuckle at or share with somebody else, the main thing is somebody from the community is producing new content, and since it's such a small thing in the scheme of things and affects you so little, it just seems odd that you'd have to take a shot at it.

It's like another little thing, like avatars. Normally I would never comment on them, but as long as we're sharing our opinions about little things, take a look at your avatar: It's just a snapshot of some anime character, whereas mine combines two separate elements I brought together, one of which is directly related to my own real name.

You've got a lame avatar, Shep. Have a nice life.

Shep: Thing is' date=' when something big happens, like Grames buying the Atari legacy and making a weak product, it makes some hobbyists angry, and they express their feelings about it.

But when something small happens, such as a hobbyist making a cute parody page and offering it here for you to chuckle at or share with somebody else, the main thing is somebody from the community is producing new content, and since it's such a small thing in the scheme of things and affects you so little, it just seems odd that you'd have to take a shot at it.

It's like another little thing, like avatars. Normally I would never comment on them, but as long as we're sharing our opinions about little things, take a look at your avatar: It's just a snapshot of some anime character, whereas mine combines two separate elements I brought together, one of which is directly related to my own real name.

You've got a lame avatar, Shep. Have a nice life.[/quote']

My avatar combines two elments that i have very big interests in too. :D

Man you guys are really hard on him. Did he do something to you . I thought it was mildly amusing. Nothing to trash him about. :ponder:

A.J. Franzman's post says it all. Some are probably slightly pissed off that the title of this thread was a lie. It wasn't clear that it was a 'joke' even after glancing at the first post. If I was expecting new Atari 2600 releases, I'd be pissed off too. I don't buy new releases, haven't so far anyway, so it didn't bother me that much. Didn't make me laugh though, but it's not any worse than some supposed 'comic strips' I've seen around here that some easily amused people piss their pants laughing over.