IGNORED

My stuff ,new guy pictures

Atari kid

Hi everyone my name is Austin I am 12 and from St Louis, MO. I started collection and playing a few months ago. I know Jason from Trade-N-Games and help out around the store and started playing Kaboom over a 2 years ago at his store. High score so far 8375. So far I have over 120 Atari games and a 7800 system to play them on. Jason let me pick the best labels out of the store and all are perfect. Just got a nice Deadly Duck a few nights ago.

Just want to post and say Hi I see Jason on all the time and watch his post and will post from the store sometimes. By the way I play Halo all the time.

My collection

post-6535-1110685430_thumb.jpg

That's a great start of a collection there! :thumbsup:

When I was about your age I started helping out at a local used book store in exchange for books. The lady that owns/runs the store is now a very dear friend of mine 15 years later and I still consider her store my place to hide when I want to get away from everything. :)

Good luck and there is a ton of info here on almost if not every system as well as some very helpful and nice people.

And again - Welcome to AtariAge! 8)

Welcome to AA, kid. :-)

Since we're doing the "When I was a boy" schtick, when I was around that age (10-11 actually) I used to get up every morning before school to head across the street to a local arcade, where the owner would let me in early to turn on all the units. He'd then give me a few quarters for my trouble and I'd get in a few games of Pole Position or Robotron or whatever before he opened and I had to run to class. Gotta admit, having a whole arcade to myself for half an hour was fun. :-)

Nice collection you've got going there so far. I had to work my way up to good labels when I started out collecting; my first batch of 70 or so cart were pretty grungy, being from a private sale from some guy's garage that had obviously been sitting there for the last couple of decades.

He bought alot of them with the little money he has and then on some busy days hes the perfect sales man, the parents ask what is good for a kid around 12 and whatever he says they are like cool i will get that one. SO at the end of the day i hook him up with a few games or whatever he needs. Plus he gets first dibs on labels. 8)

Welcome, and that is most impressive.

When I was your age, there was a little video game shop about 10 minutes away from my house. Thats where I got my Wico bat controller. When we went in there, they had a Donkey Kong Jr. arcade machine. It must have been brand new or very close to it. As I recall, it was almost 3000 bucks. Anyway, I told my Mom I would one day own an arcade machine of my own.

I've had hundreds of them now :) Never got a DK jr. though.

Way to go Atari Kid, you are WELL on your way to being a collector! This is a pretty good bunch around here. Honest and helpful. Watchful for our little dudes, too (thats the teacher in me worrying).

Cassidy

Nice collection so far! thumb.gif

Since everyone else is doing it...

...let's see...

...when I was 12...that would have been around the same time my parents picked up our 2600 (which I still play today)(or did we get it around 1980?)...and it was also right before the video game crash...Two of my favorite games came out (Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man)...The year?...1981...

(Unlike Cassidy, I told my parents I was going to own a Galaga and it was the first arcade game that I picked up - but not until I was 30. Also unlike Cassidy, I have only owned a few arcade games - instead of a few hundred.) pain3.gif

Quite impressive. Even the Activisions look good.

Lets see... when I was 12; I used to . . . <[ERROr!]> . . .

Oh yeah, that was jr. high. I blocked out most of those memories. :D I did collect a lot of Transformers and play a lot of Atari though.

Out of curiosity, what is it about the classic/retro stuff that appeals to you? There are some other youngsters on here too, but I'm curious.

Welcome to the forums, overall AA is pretty laid back -- it's an aspect of the culture that I do appreciate.

Hex.

[ " Taco! Taco! Taco! Taco! " --Gir; Invader Zim ]

Austin raided my storage room of my collection for that picture for some fun with everyone. He is sitting on my kid vid box set :lolblue: That part of my collection might be worth over $6000 with the way the market is right now on very rare games. I guess i should have thought about the Xman box in the same picture as a 12 year old I would never let a young person see that game on.