IGNORED

Oink!

D.Yancey

I just wanted to say that I was FINALLY able to max out Oink! with a score of 999,999. I had gotten so frustrated with this game. I played it once in a while for about a year and never was able to score over 200,000 except once. There was no way to get any extra lives and I knew that I had a long way to go to improve my consistency to get to "hexanine".

My approach to the game was to rush to stay ahead of the wolf by as much as possible. Then one day it clicked in my brain--do not ever let him hit you even if he takes out a few more bricks while you wait for a break in the action. This way you never lose a brick when his breath hits you and you never lose time running back up from the bottom of the screen. This helped me to notice that when you do NOT get hit--listen up--the wolf then operates in a very predictable pattern! :ponder: Then I knew I was on the way to finishing the game. With just a few more practice games...I was able to get 750K+ on my first life and I finished the game on my second life.

Thanks for letting me share! ;)

This helped me to notice that when you do NOT get hit--listen up--the wolf then operates in a very predictable pattern! :ponder:  

Thanks for letting me share! ;)

Congratulations! A very tough game to master. I had my suspicious about that wolf and his behavior patterns, but never the patience to figure it out! Exceptionally well done! :)

Thank you for sharing!

Oh, here is a bit of trivia. The value of the bricks maxes out at 400. It begins at 4 points and increases by 4 points each time the bricks reset after being used up from the top of the screen(4,8,12,16,....100). So, the game score starts out very slowly, but when you reach the 400 point value bricks,(around 240,000 point level) the score is really moving! You'll be at 999,999 in no time at all! :D

CONGRATULATIONS! That is super! You've inspired me...  8)  

How's Kaboom! coming along for you? Have you ever maxxed Pressure Cooker?

Thanks Pal! No progress on Kaboom!. I'm giving it a rest. I've not yet maxed Pressure Cooker, but it's on the list now along with Beamrider and Crackpots. ;)

Crackpots should only take about 80-90 minutes and I'm up to 520K+, so I have the skills. I just need one really good run. There are absolutely no breaks in the action on this one, so it's difficult to maintain that level of concentration(Pressure Cooker will be the same way). Beamrider will be a long game to max, but at least you get a breather between rounds and when you lose a life. I'm getting the hang of it at 100K+.

Good luck with Oink! You will find it interesting! :)