IGNORED

multi game syatem

Haydn Jones

Having recentyl stumbled across this auction, I set about resurching the idea af selector boxes (having missed a 12 cart at a car boot sale many years ago) i have found various methods that work over various scales, but would be idealy made from special order/custom electronics. i would like to know if anyone here would buy one, and what they would like it to look like or be capable of (and how much would you pay).

eg,

12 cart

20ish cart

40ish cart

100 cart

200 cart

top facing out horisontal(like the one in the picture)

" " vertical

lable facing forward

brushed alu/fake wood/other effect

2600 (is 7800 same cart) 5200, 8bit, other

This will take a while of prototyping, so i am just mesuring intrest so as to decide what course of action to take.

haydn

ac_12_sb.jpg

Just keep in mind that with a project like this, you have to understand both transmission line effects on the bus, and fan-out (which absolutely means bus buffers in the switch box).

Just in making an extension to plug a prototyping board into a 2600 cart, I had to keep the ribbon cable to under six inches to keep signal quality up. To get the whole bus into a round cable requires at least ground shielding on the bundle, but more likely a twisted pair with ground for every one of the 21 address and data wires.

Just don't get into a situation where the FCC will want you to do RFI testing. :-)

Personally I'd love to see a 20 cart switcher for the 5200 to play all the homebrews plus a multicart with all the originals and conversions. I really don't care if it doesn't match the 5200 case, just as long as it works.

Allan