IGNORED

New 2600 video mod!

spongebue

From Heckendorn himself. This one is supposed to have a better picture and even works on newer LCD screens, such as the PSOne LCD and Wega TVs. Take a looky here. It's a bit more complicated than his first one, but I suppose that someone good with a soldering iron planning on doing an A/V mod may as well use this one :) .

spongebue

Just curious, is this the same mod from Ben that Nathan Strum tested on his informative Atari 2600 Video Mods Comparison page?

..Al

nope, that's his old mod. The new one isn't even a week old, and Nathan Strum's hasn't been updated in a while :)

I wasn't sure if maybe Ben just put up a new/updated page describing the same mod. I definitely look forward to some feedback once someone has had a chance to try this out. :)

..Al

Just curious, is this the same mod from Ben that Nathan Strum tested on his informative Atari 2600 Video Mods Comparison page?

Nope. Not yet, anyway. ;)

I'm planning to add a few more mods to the page. Just need the time to build 'em and test 'em. Ben's new one is on the list.

Looks like someone learned about emitter followers  :D  

(Sorry in advance if this double-posts)

I wish I hadnt read that. You brought up a nightmare I had 12 years ago when I learned transistor theory. Now I have to get out all number of documentation and look it up to remember or it will bug me.

My apologies, I just don't know what the big deal is. The 2600 faq has had the 4050 emitter follower (common-collector) current buffer circuit in it for the last 10 years, but people keep tweaking the values and acting like they did something groundbreaking.

is this any better that the cybertech svideo mod? I did this one and i love it! the stero sound kicks..

The Cybertech mod is quite good, and I doubt a relatively simple composite mod could compete with it. However, it's always good to have choices, especially if you're on a budget and you have the mad skills to do the soldering yourself.

..Al