IGNORED

Wizard of Wor

sandmountainslim

Been playing Wizard of Wor for the past couple days, ya gotta love this game :) The Wizard lives in a world similar to the one Pac Man lives in if not the same one but he is waaaaaay more Badass than those wuss ghost the Pacster has to deal with plus he can teleport and shoot at ya with a sawed off shotgun or somethin :P When I first bought this game I thought "Mousetrap with a dude with a gun, boring." I was dead wrong this is definately one of my favorites of all time :)

The Wizard lives in a world similar to the one Pac Man lives in if not the same one but he is waaaaaay more Badass than those wuss ghost the Pacster has to deal with )

Oh yeah, tough guy?

Look at my avatar... I ATE A WHOLE CITY! Let's see your Wizard of Word monsters DO THAT!

:x :x :x

:D

The flicker is annoying, but easy enough to deal with. This is one of the best games to play in a dark room, especially when you bump off the Wizard.

When playing two-player, keep your ears peeled for when both players die at roughly the same time. The sound goes haywire, to amusing effect.

Hey hackers, here's a challenge for you. The only thing really missing from the Atari 2600's Wizard of Wor is the mazes; there are only two. The arcade version, and other home ports as well, had several different mazes, including a few special mazes like the Arena and the Pit. How hard would it be to add these to the 2600 port? I imagine an extra couple of banks would have to be used to store the maze information, and the maze display code would have to be tied to the level counter (if there is one), since the special mazes were displayed only on specific levels.

Possible?

Hey hackers, here's a challenge for you.  The only thing really missing from the Atari 2600's Wizard of Wor is the mazes; there are only two.  The arcade version, and other home ports as well, had several different mazes, including a few special mazes like the Arena and the Pit.  How hard would it be to add these to the 2600 port?  I imagine an extra couple of banks would have to be used to store the maze information, and the maze display code would have to be tied to the level counter (if there is one), since the special mazes were displayed only on specific levels

Yknow.. this was actually an idea I proposed here too (back in the Nexus days(?)) a while ago. I personally don't see any reason why Wizard of Wor can't have more mazes. It's just takes the desire of someone who knows how :P

I can give the layouts of the arcade versions mazes if anyone wants :)

Incidentally I don't think the flicker in WoW is too bad. And even if it is, what do you expect? It's the 2600! Flicker is a way of gaming life! :D

Been playing Wizard of Wor for the past couple days, ya gotta love this game :)  The Wizard lives in a world similar to the one Pac Man lives in if not the same one but he is waaaaaay more Badass than those wuss ghost the Pacster has to deal with plus he can teleport and shoot at ya with a sawed off shotgun or somethin :P  When I first bought this game I thought "Mousetrap with a dude with a gun, boring."  I was dead wrong this is definately one of my favorites of all time :)

I like it, although the screen flicker drives me nuts. If you want a true kick, play the Bally Astrocade version of it some time -- The Incredible Wizard is probably the best game for that system.