IGNORED

expert advise needed for 2600 mod

leearco

http://www.atariage.com/howto/composite.html

i followed this mod. on my 2600Jr. there is no wires touching the solder doesnt touch any other part. HELLLPPPP. the 2600 powers on but there is no sound or pic on the screen. when i turn it on it makes a sound then the screen is blank with some lines rolling through it. aaarrrrhhhhhh

when i connected the rca cables for the video and audio i used the cable wire that is in the middle (red and white). there was copper wire on the out side but i bent it back so it didnt touch anything. should i have soldered these?

any guns out there that can offer advise?

personally i never understood how this mod could possibly work, there are pins from the stella chip that have the video sync and other parts you need to create a composite signal all wired togehter

the mod on this site just shows a wire straight off that resistor, just like you said you did

basically you sound like you did the mod per this site properly but i never thought that would cut it in the first place (tho it must, or it wouldnt be on the site.......i assume)

heres how i did my composite video mod

(i assume you are using a 2600 jr.)

http://benheck.com/Games/Question3.htm

It sounds like you didn't solder the ground of the cable to the ground of the system. It won't work unless you solder the shielding of the wire to ground.

could you please explain in laymans terms. what i think you mean is the copperwire that surrounds the audio/video wires(inside the cable)...needs to be soldered to the board (ground)? what part of the board ?

thanks Lee