IGNORED

Seawolf question

sandmountainslim

Hello,

I have been enjoying Manuels Seawolf cart since buying it from the AA store a couple months ago, I remember a Sea Wolf machine from the skating rink when I was seven or eight and a Sea Wolf 2 machine from the arcade here in town a little later on, my question would be which of those is the Seawolf homebrew based on? As I recall it the original was a b&w game and I think the second one was colour, I may be wrong on this but for some reason Manuels game reminds me more of the second one, am I right or wrong?

Hi there!

my question would be which of those is the Seawolf homebrew based on? As I recall it the original was a b&w game and I think the second one was colour, I may be wrong on this but for some reason  Manuels game reminds me more of the second one, am I right or wrong?

Color makes a big difference, indeed. I based some of the sprite shapes one the ones from Seawolf 2. Also the shades of blue and the moving water. The sequel definitely was the one influencing me more. I also used graphics from the A800 version. The Red Cross ships are an element of Broderbunds Seafox game and some things like the refueling pod are just "new" features, either from myself or suggested from [stella] members or in the Homebrew Forum right here.

I usually try to create a game as "best of genre", so I'm looking at all similar games I can get my hands on, trying to merge the things I like best into my vision of the game.

Greetings,

Manuel