IGNORED

Slik Stik

sandmountainslim

I've never been fond of them. Some people swear by them. They're small and light, which is good, but my beef with them is that there's almost no play in the joystick or the fire button -- it's very stiff. I suppose that does add to their durability -- less movement means less wear. They just feel like you're handling a brick.

Hello, Im lookin for some info on a "Slik Stik" controller as I have the chance to buy one, any of you folks have any experience with them? Are they more durable than the standard joysticks? And lastly what would one expect to pay for one? Thanks :)

I wouldn't pay more than $5.00 for one. I know where you can get one for $8.99 I believe.

The Slik Stik's an okay controller, but there are many that I think are better.

i love them

after years of crappy Enduro scores i tried a slik stik and it improved my score very quickly

and i have broken one before, i broke off one of the plastic sides that hold the contacts :) it was the only one i had at the time :(

The one I saw I can get for ten bucks, anyone know when these were made/sold?

I got my first one in '84 - I bought it for about $12 CAD at the Canadian Tire along with the Lazarian and Gorf carts for my new C64 system. It's a great stick IMO, like a minature TAC-II which is my favourite stick. Both were made by Suncom in the USA, according to the bottom of the sticks.

One negative though, I've been finding I've been getting cramps in my left hand, which is what I hold the base with, and hit fire with my thumb, in any game that requires a lot of button pushing, like shoot-em ups without auto-fire. This could be partly because I'm spending a lot of time on my GBA SP and Gamecube lately too, I dunno.

I quite like the Slik Stik. It seems very precise to me. My only complaint is that the small fire button starts to hurt your thumb on games where you have to shoot a lot. I noticed several of my scores improve when I started using it. Then when I got my Tac-2, I was able to increase some of them again.

Unfortunately my Slik Stiks and Tac-2 are awaiting repair as I've managed to break all of them.

The Slik is too small and tight... some people love them wildly. I think people with smaller hands probably find them easier to use, they just give me hand cramps.

The TAC-2 is the Sliks big brother and is IMHO the best joystick I've ever had for the Atari. I like the fact that it requires very little movement of the stick to change directions and the metal parts mean its not at all squishy like a Wico.

Steve

The TAC-2 is the Sliks big brother and is IMHO the best joystick I've ever had for the Atari.   I like the fact that it requires very little movement of the stick to change directions and the metal parts mean its not at all squishy like a Wico.

I've always wanted the TAC-2. And I bet if I did have one, I would change my mind, and love the TAC-2 vs. the SlikStik.