IGNORED

Flashback or not to Flashback

scogey

hey all, my 2600 jr just died last week and seems beyond repair. Also only about 10 out of my over 40 carts still work, so i have made the decision not to get a new one. (i may post a list of my working carts here soon if anyone is interested....i have nothing real rare)

I play the emu games on my computer, but i was wondering who recommends the flashback console, or does anyone know what titles may be included in flashback II. I was at a friends house last week and played atari anthology on ps2...that is really well put together and has lots of titles, but alas, i have gamecube and there is no such product for it. :x

You've got 30 dead carts? Wow, I've never heard of that. I have never had a dead 2600 cart. (one dead 7800, and some Nintendo 64) Since your Jr is dead, maybe the carts are still good and the console was to blame. Common denominator. Have you tried to Take 'em all to a game store and try 'em in another console.

You've got 30 dead carts?  Wow, I've never heard of that.  I have never had a dead 2600 cart. (one dead 7800, and some Nintendo 64)  Since your Jr is dead, maybe the carts are still good and the console was to blame.  Common denominator.  Have you tried to Take 'em all to a game store and try 'em in another console.

Most likely the cart contacts just need to be cleaned. Some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips should fix them.

Mitch

I've only had one sega cart that I couldnt get to work (a little more cleaning needed probably) I've been using Radioshack brand contact/control cleaner and lubricant (PN# 64-4351). It comes in an aresol can, and is non-flammable, safe on most plastic. I spray it in a little jar like baby food with the top covered and dip a swab in it to clean the contacts with. I like the wood cotton aplicator cause I can really scrub with the more rigid applicator. just a personal preferance.

Sounds like it's definitely a problem with the 2600, not the cartridges. I've only ran into a few genuinely dead carts in my time, carts that cleaning the contacts would not correct. My guess would be a problem with the power supply, or dirty contacts on the system's cart connector (which can be a little more difficult to clean).

..Al

There is a few Flashback unit being produced in a few weeks? I have been tempted to buy one from the local Gamestop that has the first model at $30 but I have not heard good things about the Flashback unit which is why I have held off from buying it.