IGNORED

Error In Ralph Baer book

rolenta

Before I get chastised with complaints, I just spotted a major error in the book and its too late to correct in the first printing. Where Ralph talks about Grass Valley, he mentions that one of the designers was Joe Milner. This of course should be Jay Miner. I don't know how many times I read the page and only last night the error screamed out at me.

Sorry about that. It will be corrected in the next printing.

I wouldn't call that a major error. I wouldn't have even noticed nor would most of us in all likelihood. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Articles and books dealing with Ralph Baer and his role in the creation of video games has always intrigued me.

I wouldn't call that a major error.  I wouldn't have even noticed nor would most of us in all likelihood.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I'm looking forward to reading this book.  Articles and books dealing with Ralph Baer and his role in the creation of video games has always intrigued me.

I would not call that a major error either. If you spot any others along these lines, you could always print up a simple erratum and include it with the books.

..Al

I wonder how Jay is going to feel about having his name misspelled? If it was the only time that my name was mentioned in the book, I  might be upset but if it corrected later in the book, myself I might just forget about it.

Jay Miner passed away in 1994.

doesn't mean he ain't pissed. Somebody's ass is about to be haunted! ;) :D

Yeah, books have tons of typos. I have a couple of books for my Grad classes that are rife with mistakes.

I know that Joe Decuir would be very upset. He holds Jay Miner in the highest regard.

I would be willing to volunteer as a proof reader for any subsequent editions. I know that I would never get Ralph Bare's name wrong or Knowlen Bushnells name incorrect. Plus my grammatic and speling skills are top knotch. :wink:

Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I hope you are holding back on sending a copy to Joe Decuir until the next edition is printed. I know he would almost take offense to that mistake.

Thanks for the heads up.

-Lee

. I know that I would never get Ralph Bare's name wrong or Knowlen Bushnells name incorrect. Plus my grammatic and speling skills are top knotch. :wink:    

I know you meant to say "skills is top notch." ;)

Yeah, thanks for the fast correction, I don't think too many people are going to hold it against you, its a relatively small error and you fixed it fast, that is all anyone can ask! :)

that is all anyone can ask!

Speak for yourself! That's not all I can ask for. I paid good $$$ for this book and already there are mistakes!!?? I demand more! I demand compensation in the form of a taco from El Mundo.

That's in Kentucky if you don't know.

Extra shredded beef and salsa.

Thanks

:ponder:

Ok yeah it's not a big deal at all, thanks for the update rolenta, very professional, I wonder if anyone would have caught it and how long it would have taken?.... I know I wouldn't have....still want the taco.

I demand compensation in the form of a taco from El Mundo.  

That's in Kentucky if you don't know.  

Extra shredded beef and salsa.  

I liked you better when all you needed was a simple bologna sandwich! :D

Regards!

Rasty.-

I wonder how Jay is going to feel about having his name misspelled? If it was the only time that my name was mentioned in the book, I  might be upset but if it corrected later in the book, myself I might just forget about it.

Jay Miner passed away in 1994.

I wasn't sure about that but I had a feeling that this must have been the case. Sorry to hear about his passing. :(