IGNORED

Atari 800 with XL style packaging.

classics

Last week I picked up a nice boxed 800 system and to my suprise when it arrived, the 800 has a very nice, long, XL style silver box.

I'm talking the thin silver paper over styrofoam, not the big thick cardboard box 800s usually come in.

Are these pretty unusual?

Steve

Last week I picked up a nice boxed 800 system and to my suprise when it arrived, the 800 has a very nice, long, XL style silver box.

I'm talking the thin silver paper over styrofoam, not the big thick cardboard box 800s usually come in.

Are these pretty unusual?  

Steve

That sounds like a neat find Steve :)

you probably would be better off just letting me take it off your hands :P hope you hear something soon on your find. Eric

@ Eric & Curt, thanks. :)

@ Dr Byte, here are a couple pictures. The colors are a bit off, the flash on my camera always seems to do that.

It also came with one of those promotional sales booklets. Its a wierd mix of 400/800 computers with some XL peripherals like the 1010 and 1020.

Steve

post-934-1112076971_thumb.jpg

post-934-1112076972_thumb.jpg

I found an 800 in the same exact box in Goodwill a couple months back. In fact, I'm looking for someone to take it off my hands. Anyone want it? :P

Box is in rough shape, one end is torn off. The 800 itself is in good shape. Comes with p/s and Basic cart, nothing else. PM if intrested.

(sorry for turning this reply into a plug :P)

@ Dr Byte, here are a couple pictures.  The colors are a bit off, the flash on my camera always seems to do that.

Hi

Nice pictures Steve. BTW, I have an 800 without its box, only the polyestyrene packaging. If anybody has a spare box for my 800, please PM me.

Regards

PS: I assume both the old and xl-style 800 box have the same dimensions...anybody can confirm this?