IGNORED

Another Use for those Combat Carts

oleanhosting

Ah yes the old iPod battery pack. It is useful for those long trips. I just took a firewire extention cable, cut it, soldered hot and ground to a 9v connector, and got me a 8AA holder. Plugged the connector into the holder, and I get a charge. It made my 6hr 3rd gen iPod last the 10+hr flight from japan to LA, a 2 hr layover, the 3 hr flight to Dallas, an hr layover, then a hr flight to San Antonio. I didn't like how he did that mod, plus 8 AA's last longer than 2 9 volts and 2 AA's.

Im against ruining atari carts :x

Oh come on, I think the world could get by just fine with several thousand fewer Combat carts. I've been at this about 2 months, obtained about 100 carts, and I already have 4 of them. (Yeah, I know some of you are saying "Only 4?", but I'm really trying to avoid duplication!)

You don't want to know how many 2600 carts I "ruin" in order to turn them into new homebrew games..  

But you have colored carts. I thought that you had new housings manufactured, isnt that true?

We are using the colored and clear carts as an option on many games, and so far as the "standard" cart for only one game, Seawolf. We did not manufacture these carts, they were produced by VGWiz. If we used them for all the games, we would have to raise the price of all the games appropriately.

..Al

What happens when Combat becomes extinct?

It'll finally be worth something? :ponder:

Wooohooo!!! I'm saving my 30 copies! Early retirement...here I come.

I do not have 30 copies, but I did buy the 13 label variations from Atari2600.com,just for the hell of it.

Will it be worth anything...no.

Is it an interesting part of my Atari collection...maybe. :roll:

Back in 1997-98, a store on the west side of Flagstaff, AZ that had box after box of Combat carts for sale.  Probably 100 at $1 each.  So many times I have thought of returning there to buy them for AA.

If they were new, it would have been worth it, but if they were used, loose carts, probably not, since I can generally get common Atari 2600 carts for 50 cents or less. When I first read your message, I thought it said 100 carts for $1. :)

..Al

When I first read your message, I thought it said 100 carts for $1.  :)

Well they had a ton of them .. all loose of course .. probably many more than 100 .. and with the right offer I bet they could have been had for 25 cents each or less. But again that was ancient history. I wish I could remember the name of the place .. I would call them back and ask.

I just might do that.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Yes, but they cost more to make and therefore, to use. It's still cheaper to cannibalize common carts.

With no regard to the ROM chip's cries? :sad:

You don't want to know how many 2600 carts I "ruin" in order to turn them into new homebrew games..

STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...oh, my precious Combats...no, we don't want that to happen, do we?...no, my preciouses...