IGNORED

Last PS1 Game?

Tempest

He's right. Every now and then there's a new Disney game, a new EA Sports game, a pinball or puzzle game, so on and so forth. Usually they're at bargain prices - $20 or less (a lot of titles under $10). Michelle and I gave my nephews a PlayStation for Xmas so we're pretty happy that new games keep coming out.

I think it's mainly companies I never heard off releasing puzzle, card and sports games. But I see some store selling some of these newish PS1 games for $9.99. The last newish big name PS1 game I saw was Madden 2004 in a Circuit City today. It looks like Fifa 2005 came out late last year but that may have not been a US release.

What was the first game? Ridge Racer?

Id be surprised, I might have guessed crash bandicoot or wipeout but really i have no idea, I recall crash being my first game for the PS but I didnt get it exactly on release day here... also, it would depend where the console came out first, Japan I suppose.. :?

Si

Battle Arena Toshinden

That could very well be. I simply read so many mags on the Dec. 1994 release in Japan that featured Ridge Racer, so I figured that was the first.

I almost forgot about those boxes. There were some crappy games initially for the system but man did it take off after that...

I just started "collecting" PlayStation 1 systems and titles this week. Once PSP came out somehow my vision changed and I started looking at PS1 as classic and colelctable.

If anyone has a copy of RidgeRacer like how Al described (big plastic or cardboard case) that they are willing to part with please send me a PM. Or for that matter WipeOut, Tekken, Demolition Derby, or Twisted Metal. These were all the "Fabulous Eleven" titles of the PSone as they were early releases.

If anyone has them new in the shrinkwrap I'd really make a great trade :-)

Justin

I just started "collecting" PlayStation 1 systems and titles this week. Once PSP came out somehow my vision changed and I started looking at PS1 as classic and colelctable.

If anyone has a copy of RidgeRacer like how Al described (big plastic or cardboard case) that they are willing to part with please send me a PM. Or for that matter WipeOut, Tekken, Demolition Derby, or Twisted Metal. These were all the "Fabulous Eleven" titles of the PSone as they were early releases.

If anyone has them new in the shrinkwrap I'd really make a great trade :-)

Justin

Were are totally seeing eye to eye on this one. Pretty much anything PS1 is easily available for cheap on ebay but it's more fun to find rare stuff in the wild since is still possible but it's getting harder everyday. TRU near me had a PS1/LCD mini kiosk 2 weeks ago but it was gone today.

My rare PS1 purchase today. Star Wars - Master Teras Kasi. It a decent 3d fighter and I think it's the only Star Wars Universe based fighting game.

I don't think there is any way I could collect for the PSX. There are just too many games. It would be like collecting for the 2600 if the games cost $10+ each. Besides, I just don't see the PSX as 'classic' yet. I'm more a Saturn fan anyway...

Tempest

I remember the launch fairly well.

On launch day, Battle Arena Toshinden and Ridge Racer were definitely available. And I think that was it. Extra controllers and memory cards were not available for the first week.

I bought Toshinden with the system, then went back the next day and bought Ridge Racer as well.

Mortal Kombat 3 was definitely not a launch title, but it was much anticipated. I think it came one or two months after the launch of the console. It's hard to imagine now, but MK3 was a VERY BIG DEAL, and it was being called a PS1 exclusive at the time.

I forget where Cyber Sled falls in there. I doubt it was a launch title, because I certainly would have purchased it first if it were. I think it was released within a week of launch. (Cyber Sled is the only one of those early titles I bought which I still own.)

The next couple of months were a flood of titles. Tekken, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Demolition Derby. I worked a lot of overtime in order to afford the few games I bought.

Dragonball GT:Final Bout :?

I just bought this new at Best Buy for $15. Boy, am I glad I never spent the $100 for the original when I wanted it :D Great game!

Still releasing games...damn. Thats the only thing I like about Sony- they don't just drop thier fans and move on, they still release stuff for the people who still have PS1's. I think thats really cool.

• 6 months later...
Dragonball GT:Final Bout :?

I just bought this new at Best Buy for $15. Boy, am I glad I never spent the $100 for the original when I wanted it :D Great game!

Still releasing games...damn. Thats the only thing I like about Sony- they don't just drop thier fans and move on, they still release stuff for the people who still have PS1's. I think thats really cool.

829893[/snapback]

Any update on this? Has the PS-X finally stopped having new releases? The newest game I have been able to find is FIFA 2005 & that was actually released in October last year I believe. Does anyone know any different? Even if that was the last release 10 years is a very impressive run for a console today!