IGNORED

NIB Solaris seems to be defective?

RickHarrisMaine

Hi guys,

I just opened my new in box Solaris today, put it in my trusty 4 switch, having just played some other games without incident, and this thing doesn't seem to work. I get a screen on it, but its as if the horizontal hold on my TV (remember when you could actually adjust that on TV's?) is screwed up, and I get the Solaris welcome screen, just rolling there, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Any ideas?

I read that other thread, sounds like a pretty common problem with Solaris.  Bummer, it looked like it might be a pretty good game too.

Might be? It's an awesome game, especially considering for the 2600!

*at least I liked it as much! It got much play from me and a buddy back in the days*

I was thinking about contacting Atari about a warranty for this game. I am the original owner, and this is within the 90 days of my ownership of this game. I checked their warranty, there is nothing about any particular dates it has. I'm a part-time law student, and in looking at this warranty, I believe it to still be valid, especially as I opened a sealed box yesterday. It doesn't matter if it is almost 20 years old, I think. I'm actually more interested in the response I would get!

I was thinking about contacting Atari about a warranty for this game.  I am the original owner, and this is within the 90 days of my ownership of this game.  I checked their warranty, there is nothing about any particular dates it has.  I'm a part-time law student, and in looking at this warranty, I believe it to still be valid, especially as I opened a sealed box yesterday.  It doesn't matter if it is almost 20 years old, I think.  I'm actually more interested in the response I would get!

Lol, that's great! I would love to see their faces! hahaha

I just sent in a warranty request on this cartridge. Luckily, the ebayer I bought this from is also offering me a full warranty on this cartridge, which is nice to do, especially as there was nothing technically "wrong" with the cartridge, its just the wrong format, and that was beyond his control. I'm first seeing if he has a NTSC format Solaris, that he can trade with me.

I just sent in a warranty request on this cartridge.  Luckily, the ebayer I bought this from is also offering me a full warranty on this cartridge, which is nice to do, especially as there was nothing technically "wrong" with the cartridge, its just the wrong format, and that was beyond his control.  I'm first seeing if he has a NTSC format Solaris, that he can trade with me.

There might be nothing wrong with your cart. The problem could be your TV. Try adjusting the Vhold knob or try it on another TV.

Here is an even older thread explaining the problem and possible solution.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8397