IGNORED

Pac-Man Labels - Hi-Res - Link Inside

Dai Shan

I don't know if you heard of that guy a while back putting a USB flash drive inside an old 2600 cart, but I am planning on doing that myself. Instead of a custom label, I wanted it in a vintage Pac-Man cartridge. After getting my eBay purchase I realized that I need to get under the label to get the damn cart open!

So I scanned it in and touched it up to look as brand new as I could possibly make it. And from a post on this board I found 8bitclassics, which I am using to make new labels for when i'm done.

So I though i'd post a link to those files here and share them with anyone else who might be interested. :)

www.blueharvestcds.com/pacman2600

How about some smaller JPEGs for those who are merely curious?  It'll save your bandwidth.

Good point. I just popped JPG versions up there now.

They are 25% the size of the TIFs. Also, the TIFs are 600 DPI. Forgot to mention that before.

Let me know when you receive the labels and what you think of them. For those interested in the thread, when printing the original that was posted came out grainy, I ended up scanning in a manual cover that I had, modified it to remove the Atari Logo and CX information at the bottom. I then used the AtariAge fonts to recreate the rest of the car excluding the Atari logo.

I have other samples up now that I have posted online.

http://www.8bitclassics.com/newsdesk_info....?newsdesk_id=25

and

http://www.8bitclassics.com/index.php?cPath=24_28_140

The images have been reduced to load faster, but they were created in 300 DPI. I now have the templates ready for Photoshop and Avery DesignPro. Currently working on the instructions.

Thanks,

Corey

8-Bit Classics

Let me know when you receive the labels and what you think of them.  For those interested in the thread, when printing the original that was posted came out grainy, I ended up scanning in a manual cover that I had, modified it to remove the Atari Logo and CX information at the bottom.  I then used the AtariAge fonts to recreate the rest of the car excluding the Atari logo.

Well I got the labels and they are fantastic. Much better job than I did. That manual was the key. Over time the cartridge did age to where it got all grainy, but I didn't realize the extreme color loss. Side by side, the labels you made are obviously top notch and the colors are nice and vibrant. Thanks again for everything!

Always happy to see a customer satisified! Glad you like them. Guess I will need some more manuals to make more repro labels. One great thing about laser printing is the ink won't smear also like inkjet's. I poured some water on a test label a while back and had no smearing even after I used my finger to rub it.

I have tested these labels a bit on inkjet printers also and they print fine. I need to do more testing on couple different inkjet printers before I know for sure. Only have one and it is an older model, so not the best quality.

Another interesting thing is I can get silver labels also. Problem though is they are mucher shinier than the normal Atari stock. Not sure if that would make a difference or not for people. But will be a future option possibly in the future.

Corey