IGNORED

So my wife asks me this....

RickHarrisMaine

My wife doesn't mind my hobby. Sometimes she will ask "how much more is there?', or "don't you already have that one?" , or my fav..."how much did you pay for that?".

Tha's why she's not going to Philly with me in the fall. I love her, but I don't need that "peeking" over my shoulder. I just need my 48 hours to be with everyone there.

Sometimes we play our games togethor, it's tough when she works 2nd shift..anyway, she has no problems with my hobby at all...

minorleagueguy

I have the same dilemma at times. So far the "you get plenty of clothes and shoes and purses" thing has worked for me

Oh, be careful with that one! A few months ago, my beloved and I had a discussion over a pile of expensive clothes that she'd bought [is there any other kind?], and it went something like this:

Me: We both know the money's a little tight this month, so I wish you hadn't bought so much.

Beloved: Well, you're always spending money on Atari stuff.

Me: Well, I'm not this month because I know the money's tight. Meanwhile, you went a bit wild here, didn't you?

Beloved: You're right. So go ahead and buy some Atari stuff; that's fair.

Me: Wait, I think you missed the point.

Needless to say, the clothes stayed, and I abstained to try and keep the damage to a minimum. Come to think of it, I haven't bought an Atari cart in six months. Hey, wait a minute.... :!:

It's not really the money vs the space. I never spend much on my obsession. She complains that things sit too long in the living room or on the kitchen table. Oh, and I plan on going to yard/garage sales tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Hope I can get more to sit in the living room or on the kitchen table! :)

Phil

I have the same dilemma at times. So far the "you get plenty of clothes and shoes and purses" thing has worked for me

Oh, be careful with that one! A few months ago, my beloved and I had a discussion over a pile of expensive clothes that she'd bought [is there any other kind?], and it went something like this:

Me: We both know the money's a little tight this month, so I wish you hadn't bought so much.

Beloved: Well, you're always spending money on Atari stuff.

Me: Well, I'm not this month because I know the money's tight. Meanwhile, you went a bit wild here, didn't you?

Beloved: You're right. So go ahead and buy some Atari stuff; that's fair.

Me: Wait, I think you missed the point.

Needless to say, the clothes stayed, and I abstained to try and keep the damage to a minimum. Come to think of it, I haven't bought an Atari cart in six months. Hey, wait a minute.... :!:

I had something close to that happen once. Minus the 'go ahead and buy some Atari stuff' afterwards. :P

It was really cool the time she wanted to buy a Ms. Pac-Man arcade machine though. We went to the local arcade together and she couldn't stop playing Ms. Pac-Man. I noticed they had 3 Ms. Pac-Man cabs there for sale and when she found out she wanted to buy one! We held off on it because we just bought a house and money has been tight, but after a few things have been paid off, it shouldn't be too hard to convince her on that one. :D