IGNORED

Atari 2600 the topic of a Yes, Dear Episode

Spud

This may be old new but I was watching tv this weekend and saw a show called Yes, Dear.

The topic of the show was this guy (I don't know the names, never seen the show before) and his wife were doing spring cleaning or something, and he had to take all his "old junk" to the thrift store. Turns out he took it to a storage unit, set it all up, started playing, missed some work beacuse he was playing Defender on the 2600 connected to a black and white tv. It was like a 80's hangout. Anyway he started hanging out at the storage unit alot and turns out the units next to him had guys doing the same thing. One guy had Star Wars stuff and Another had old LP's that the wifes wouldn't let them keep in the house. They all make up excuses to get out of the house to go play. Finally the wife catches him and lets him keep and set it up in the garage.

I like the idea, a place away from home for 50. a month.

Hmmm... see "more wife problems" thread ;)

I can't believe there are so many people here that can't have things because their little wifey said they can't. Screw that jack! Your not going to limit my ability to enjoy life because you consider it junk. Let's talk about that pink bathroom you've taken so much care to decorate .... and btw, those flowers on the wall are dead :)

I want to see this ... available for download anywhere?

Your not going to limit my ability to enjoy life because you consider it junk. Let's talk about that pink bathroom you've taken so much care to decorate .... and btw, those flowers on the wall are dead :)

837926[/snapback]

Yeah, I never understood that buying the dead flower parts and then pouring a liquid smelly scent on it idea.

Your not going to limit my ability to enjoy life because you consider it junk. Let's talk about that pink bathroom you've taken so much care to decorate .... and btw, those flowers on the wall are dead :)

837926[/snapback]

Yeah, I never understood that buying the dead flower parts and then pouring a liquid smelly scent on it idea.

838097[/snapback]

I told the woman uncatagorily from the begining, that I do not belive in cut flowers.

"they area dying or dead things, and I do not belive them to be an appriopriate symbol of affection."

so instead I fill the window boxes with potted flowers, and wildflower seeeds.. throwing down wildflower seeds allows for constant blooming all year 'round, and the anticipation of whats going to come up next is far greater than a vase of wilting dead flowers..

this takes well with my little ladies practical nature, and her desire for frilly thing, and it give me the props for being thoughtful and practical all a the same time, coupled with the fact that you can pretty much ignore wildflowers and they are still going to do thier thing :D

too bad yes dear is the worst multiseason television show this decade

838454[/snapback]

Yeah, She Spies was cancelled but this show lives. Whats with that.

Ok it was cancelled like a year ago or so, but I'm watching a rerun right now and dang D.D. (Kristen Miller) is number one of my top babes on T.V. list. :cool:

i've never seen the show, or have heard about it till now.. I just indtified with the scenerio.. I just have storage sheds behind my building that have been there since at least the fifties, and If they had power in them. then, I most likely would allready have one as a worklshop.. other wise..they are only good to me and the missus for an over flow of crap here in the apartment..

collectivly..we collect too much crap, and now we're scrambling to find space to to put shit away when we have people in town for the wedding.. , but all the money is tied up in the wedding right now, so no money for the deposit on the unit's that cost $35 a month..

eeh..what ya gonna do..