IGNORED

Look at that power supply!

Clint Thompson

One thing I always wondered when I was a kid was why the Atari 2600 power supply was SOOO long?! Anyone have any insight or reason behind it?

I know it rocks because you could wrap the cord around your room like 4 times but it was really excessively LONG!

*tangle cord nightmares* hours untangling :)

I remember having a telegames unit and it having 2 speaker like vents on the base and always wanted to take it apart to see if the speakers just was bad or something (I was like 8) and well, no speakers... then I found out about 6 months ago reading something online that speakers were planned to be in the 2600 but never done....

Edited by Clint Thompson

One thing I always wondered when I was a kid was why the Atari 2600 power supply was SOOO long?!

I always figured it was because alot of games required you to use the console itself as part of the gameplay (the switches and stuff) and because the joystick cords were so short, they expected you to have the console right in front of you while you played.

*shrug*

You wouldn't want to be sitting right next to the wall or right in front of the TV, so I suppose they made the power cord long ( the RF cord is long too) so you could move the console around more.

Edited by firebug