IGNORED

Coolest Atari related item.

moycon

mine aint big, it's one of those beach/floor chairs that look like an upside down T with the fuji on the side you lean back against. that is my game playin chair so even if i'm playin my xbox or cube, atari is still there in my heart (or should i say under my ass?).

if only the damn thing had a holder for my beer!

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

Cool, I got one of those sandwich's at a thrift store (the Gary Kitchen version), anyone know how I can mod a composite output out of it?

Are you sure you don't want to do a compost mod instead? Those composite mods are so difficult.

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

Cool, I got one of those sandwich's at a thrift store (the Gary Kitchen version), anyone know how I can mod a composite output out of it?

yes, usually those sandwiches are wrapped with a paper bags or a a paper towel. you have to cut a big hole in the back. then probably also push the tomato a little more to the back.

press firmly the sandwich and here we go:

mayonese & tomato juice is flooding in equal quantities out the back of the sandwich.

the composite output works!

Rick: I had most gaming mags, and don't remember seeing the Game Brain you speak of, and I've gone through the fine print of them at least twice for my games lists. I can only assume that it was in a mag I never saw, and I offer the fact that I've had Gamma Attack and Kamikaze Saucers on my rumor list since 1984 at the latest as circumstantial evidence. How many people saw those two ads? (Well, the KS ad was big, but the mention of the 2600 version was tiny).

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

yes, usually those sandwiches are wrapped with a paper bags or a a paper towel. you have to cut a big hole in the back. then probably also push the tomato a little more to the back.

press firmly the sandwich and here we go:

mayonese & tomato juice is flooding in equal quantities out the back of the sandwich.

the composite output works!

the Gary Kitchen version,

did that have Real mayonese or miracle whip brand?? (sorry i did not know there were soooo many versions of this item!!)

Take Care,

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Rick: I had most gaming mags, and don't remember seeing the Game Brain you speak of, and I've gone through the fine print of them at least twice for my games lists. I can only assume that it was in a mag I never saw, and I offer the fact that I've had Gamma Attack and Kamikaze Saucers on my rumor list since 1984 at the latest as circumstantial evidence. How many people saw those two ads? (Well, the KS ad was big, but the mention of the 2600 version was tiny).

Russ,

how many video game mags are you missing??

Take care,

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Cybergoth: got a bigger pic of that shirt? It does look pretty cool... I don't remember the song, but then SSS wasn't that big here really.

Since I don't have a digital camera, I linked that picture directly from the T-Shirt section from Sputnikworld. There are no larger images IIRC, but you can order the T-Shirt there somewhere.

Greetings,

Manuel

quote:

Originally posted by marialover:

Do you know if they ever releesed it for playtesting? are there more protos? do you think I could make my own? is there a rom availibile?

you mean ... for the david crane prototype sandwich?

no, but you can ask moycon's mom

• 2 years later...

Autographed CD copy of the "Pac-Man Fever" album. I think last year, I found a link about how they Buckner & Garcia had to re-record the album so they could sell copies again. I sent an email to them and they replied with a phone number to call em, cause they'd rather talk on the phone. Very cool conversation. Anyway, last month I was up in the attic looking for some videogame stuff and I found my cassette copy of "Pac Man Fever"

I sort of can't decide what "Atari related" means for myself... so I've got a couple things. For me the Atari Video Music is one of the coolest objects I own, and gets a lot of oooh's and ahhh's even from non-video game friends.

I've got some other stuff like the crazy silver jacket, and the hardshell carrying case, and those are all cool for a lot of different reasons.

I'm having a hard time deciding. Perhaps "Synthcart" for doing things no one expects an Atari to do. It could also be my new copy of "This Planet Sucks" since few know about the homebrew scene it surprises people to know that there are new games (and being in a clear case makes it even cooler yet!). I'm also thinking that it might be the new Cuttle Cart, because it is an amazing acheivement.

Damn - I'm no closer to a decision even though I've spelled it all out for myself! :)