IGNORED

What game did you hate so bad you took back?

Spud

I didn't have the option of returning any of my 2600 games. The stores where my parents bought the games had the policy that you could only return opened games if they were defective.

I would liked to have returned Video Pinball, though my brother would have vetoed it I'm sure. He loved that game.

Come to think of it, I didn't have many games and I don't any of them would have gone back. I subscribed to Electronic Games magazine and did everything I could to find out if a 2600 game was any good before I bought it.

Pac-Man was the exception. My father bought for me the day it came out. I learned Atari had released it when he came home from work with the game. It was damn cool. I still played Pac-Man quite a bit and it was one of the few games I got without endlessly begging for it. I wouldn't have taken it back just becuase he bought it as a surprise. (He generally thought that video games were a waste of time and money.)

Marble Madness on the Genesis is pretty true to form, but they should have spent some more time on the music and sound effects.  Believe it or not, I find the NES version more pleasant to listen to.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

842960[/snapback]

I have both the NES and Genny Marble Madness, Found them both at the same swap meet. The NES does have the correct sounds, especially at the end of the round, but the Genny has better overall graphics. I'm hoping to adapt my 2600 trac ball to the genny to play it.

Fatal Fury for the Super Nintendo.

I was so disappointed with the fact that it wasn't up to arcade standards.

I tried to get the $40 back, but they only gave me back $20, which to me was better than having to keep the game.

In retrospect, the game was probably as good as it could be made, but it was a shocker. It was like picking up Atari 2600 Pac-Man and being excited to play it "at home," instead of having to spend a quarter.

I remember taking back Pitfall 2 when it was new. I was so excited about this game, but when I got it (I think I bought it with my own money), I was disappointed that it was so frustrating and on top of that, the game ended too soon. I wanted less frustration and a longer game. I should have known that Activision was usually allergic to Controlled Randomness, so it was partially my own fault for thinking that I would like the game.

Oh yeah, I also remember taking back Spike's Peak/Ghost Manor. There were probably a few others that I can't remember right now, but they might come back to me as I think about it.

Edited by Random Terrain