IGNORED

Frog Feast shows it's face on the Jaguar. :)

cdoty

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all Jaguar Retro Fans!

I am the Hardware Developer for Rastersoft. I see there are several anxious people waiting for the release of Frog Feast for the Atari Jaguar.

Charles has been busy at work which has taken most of his time out of developing.

That's why he doesn't get to reply much. I talked to him the other night and I asked about the SNES version of Frog Feast. The only thing left on the SNES version is the sound. Then it's cartridge developing time!

The Jaguar will be next. Which he has already started on it, but it needs some fine tuning and adjustments.

Please be patient, we are trying to release it as soon as possible.

The first jaguar release will be on cartridge, then the Jag CD.

The Sega Genesis cartridge version was a success!

Talk to ya'll real soon!

John

:cool:

Hello,

May I ask you about the decision of CART + CD?

I'm guessing the hard-core collectors will want a cart anyway, although they

are likely to have a JagCD anyway, but in theory it makes the game easily

playable by anybody. Personally for a game like Frogfeast I prefer it on CD.

To Chaos89-dot-com it's great to hear from you, and pass on my regards

to Charles, good that he's still working on the project. It's certainly going to

be a release which rivals the EA multi-platform releases in terms of hitting

all the possible platforms... ;-) Any indication of the price expected for CD?

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hello,

to Charles, good that he's still working on the project. It's certainly going to

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Yes, the cartridge version is easily accessible by anyone. The positive thing about the cd version is that the music/audio should be easier to compile with no limitations, as for the cartridge version, we might be limited for the sounds/music to keep the price LOW and affordable.

We will just have to wait and see.

Thanks JustClaws!

I will pass on your regards to Charles. I wish I knew something about coding so I cold give him a hand on things, but I am limited to a few Peeks and Pokes with Basic V2 on the Commodore 64(with the help of Super Snapshot V5)!

As with the multi-platform releases, I am very excited about it. Charles has no limitations as to what he can do. It amazes me.

Expected price for the Jag CD version?, I personally don't know yet. We have not discussed that as of yet.

I will keep ya'll posted on the progress of the release.

John

Hello,

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Yes, the cartridge version is easily accessible by anyone. The positive thing about the cd version is that the music/audio should be easier to compile with no limitations, as for the cartridge version, we might be limited for the sounds/music to keep the price LOW and affordable.

We will just have to wait and see.

Thanks JustClaws!

I will pass on your regards to Charles. I wish I knew something about coding so I cold give him a hand on things, but I am limited to a few Peeks and Pokes with Basic V2 on the Commodore 64(with the help of Super Snapshot V5)!

As with the multi-platform releases, I am very excited about it. Charles has no limitations as to what he can do. It amazes me.

Expected price for the Jag CD version?, I personally don't know yet. We have not discussed that as of yet.

I will keep ya'll posted on the progress of the release.

John

John, I don't know if Cdoty got the reply to his message over on the other board. He posted a link to what he was using to dev on the Jag mentioning his setup forced 32bit instructions. It looked like Gorf noticed some 68k calls in his post and there was mention that using the 68k with that kind of setup would make it twice as slow.

It didn't seem he had gotten back onsite to see the replies. Might want to let him know their suggestions. Might help him.

John, I don't know if Cdoty got the reply to his message over on the other board. He posted a link to what he was using to dev on the Jag mentioning his setup forced 32bit instructions. It looked like Gorf noticed some 68k calls in his post and there was mention that using the 68k with that kind of setup would make it twice as slow.

It didn't seem he had gotten back onsite to see the replies. Might want to let him know their suggestions. Might help him.

OK, thanks. I will talk to him tommorrow(actually today) and let him know.

John

• 8 months later...
Hmmm... I burnt the disc, and I can't go past the intro screen...

Same here. I get the title screen where it ways to hit the "A" button, then the screen goes black.

I got the same thing. I might try burning it at slower speeds next to see if I have any more luck.

My original theory was that the CD image was designed for Virtual Jag, and not to be an actual image for a real CD. (For that you'd use the Nero image). Have to try this a bit more.

Same here.

Has this problem ever been resolved between then and now?

Hello!

Same here. I get the title screen where it ways to hit the "A" button, then the screen goes black.

I got the same thing. I might try burning it at slower speeds next to see if I have any more luck.

My original theory was that the CD image was designed for Virtual Jag, and not to be an actual image for a real CD. (For that you'd use the Nero image). Have to try this a bit more.

Same here.

Today i went to the FrogFeast-website and downloaded both the BJL and the Nero-CD-Image.

The BJL-file "FROG.JAG" did not work for me, neither when the Jag was set to 50Hz/PAL nor when it was set to 60Hz/NTSC, the best result i got with it was a black screen with some white stripes.

But the Nero-CD-Image (extracted from JCDFrog.zip) does work for me (with my own Bypass-solution),

i just double-clicked on the FROG.NRG file and let Nero 5.0 burn it with 4*speed and DiscAtOnce.

I get the FrogFeast-title and after pressing Fire A i can jump around with both frogs (Joypads in port 1 and 2),

nothing more.

Regards

Matthias

Hello!

Same here.

Today i went to the FrogFeast-website and downloaded both the BJL and the Nero-CD-Image.

The BJL-file "FROG.JAG" did not work for me, neither when the Jag was set to 50Hz/PAL nor when it was set to 60Hz/NTSC, the best result i got with it was a black screen with some white stripes.

But the Nero-CD-Image (extracted from JCDFrog.zip) does work for me (with my own Bypass-solution),

i just double-clicked on the FROG.NRG file and let Nero 5.0 burn it with 4*speed and DiscAtOnce.

I get the FrogFeast-title and after pressing Fire A i can jump around with both frogs (Joypads in port 1 and 2),

nothing more.

Regards

Matthias

Good info, Matthias. Thanks for stating the settings used in Nero... maybe I'll give it a shot now and see if it works.