IGNORED

Keeping Old Scores.

Atariboy2600

For two decades now I been collecting and saving old and used Atari manuals and in many case I found in them old score writings by the original owners of the game and I found alot! And in them are still in there old dated with the score here's some of the scores from three manuals from Coleco Donkey Kong, Atari Log Book even some one put down a Missil Command Score on the back of a Q*bert manual :D And dont worry I black out the owner's names for safety resion;) And I know Im not alone in this so is there anyone else with used Atari and even some Colecovision and Intellivision manuals with old scores in them?

post-5587-1114715906_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1114715932_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1114715946_thumb.jpg

Many Atari 5200 manuals actually had sections reserved for score keeping. My Atari 5200 collection started with a hand-me-down console with games, and many of the manuals had scores written in by the former owner and his at-the-time girlfriend. I may still have a few of those.

Yep, I find 'em quite a bit. Actually, i kind of prefer to have manuals with stuff in them. It's kind of like having a suitcase with travel stickers on it, you know? Much more interesting in a collection than some steril, pristine new cart or manual. When I find one with scores or names or whatever, i know I've found a game that's been played and enjoyed. Kind of makes me feel good to give it a home, you know?

Yep, I find 'em quite a bit. Actually, i kind of prefer to have manuals with stuff in them. It's kind of like having a suitcase with travel stickers on it, you know? Much more interesting in a collection than some steril, pristine new cart or manual. When I find one with scores or names or whatever, i know I've found a game that's been played and enjoyed. Kind of makes me feel good to give it a home, you know?

845817[/snapback]

Yea seeing old score on Atari booklets its like a time capsule a flashback in how fun the games are and still is I my self never did wote down any scores on any Atari manuals but some how I feel that I really missed out that part of Atari fun :twisted: