IGNORED

MIND]---------{LINK

trigun

hey, does anyone know if the mindlink actually sold? if not, can anyone somehow find the Schematics or procesing units required for it? i wanna try and re-invent it for......uhh.......newer Audience, or the old, i dont care, just let me know if there are any for sale on ebay or a Homebrue schematic for it. thanks for maybe alot,

3guns

I don't think it sold (prototype) and IIRC it had it's issues (headstrain, weird use, limited play time because of headaches) and quite frankly using those many muscles in your head/face is bound to make you look older quicker ;) hahahaha.....

I would be afraid it'd be too expensive to reproduce properly...

It absolutely did not make the market. There were a few prototypes, one of them was complete. Not sure who owns it but it is out there still. Few games were developed before people started getting headaches. Cool idea that turned out to be a bit gimicky, although I still woulda been into it for sure! Originally developed from the Atari Bionics medical systems that were being designed by Regan Cheng in 1981.

hey, does anyone know if the mindlink actually sold? if not, can anyone somehow find the Schematics or procesing units required for it? i wanna try and re-invent it for......uhh.......newer Audience, or the old, i dont care, just let me know if there are any for sale on ebay or a Homebrue schematic for it. thanks for maybe alot,

3guns

846243[/snapback]

Is this it?

Prototype unit:

1) Take any old extension cord you have lying around.

2) Cut off the female end.

3) Separate the two wires.

4) Strip each end of the two wires back about 1 inch.

5) Using duct tape, tape one wire to each side of your forehead*.

*Note: A resistor or two might be needed. You may want to experiment on the family pet first to determine the exact value.

Production plan:

1) Make millions of these.

2) Sell millions of these.

3) Profit!

Disclaimer: This post is meant as a joke :)

Edited by else

I seem to remember hearing that when they debued the thing at show, no one could get it to work right, and I think one of the units even dropped and broke. Still, it would be cool to have something like it. You could make something like they use for lie detector tests that detects changes in temperature, heratbeat or whatever, and perhaps make a game that utilized it. Lot of work, though :ponder:

yeah, yeah, ive read all the articles, ive read everything there is about it, and im willing to risk my Secret Stache of Asprin to the headaches i might suffer from, but hey, maybee there is a way to reduce strain on the head..... hmmm.... i need an R&D team, they gotta be freakin smart and freakin good with the math and science. good. any takers?

Isn't the Mind Link a little dated now though?

Why not start up Game Pods instead?

846667[/snapback]

dude, i dont think its dated, it was the razors edge in gaming technology, now, its state of the art,(note, a razors edge is much more better than a state of the art)