IGNORED

Subterranea hilarity

Lord Thag

Just recieved Subterranea in the mail yesterday. I've been wanting it forever, and it was a real treat to finally have the cart. I was about to pop it in to my 'sixer when I took a moment to look at the label art. Imagic has always had cool art on their labels, and they often used bits of store-bought models to make the label art. This time, it really made me laugh. What I was looking at was a Star Wars A-Wing model glued onto a mish-mash of Tie-Fighter parts, with a B-Wing for a tail. :D

Here's a link to the box scan for those of you who don't have a cart:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...3&BoxStyleID=14

Anyone else ever notice this?

Great game, BTW!

I thought everybody had two or three of these boxes lying around 

Err no! Want to part with one? ;)

Wasn't there a thread a little while ago that pointed out how Imagic used a Millenium Falcon model for the Star Voyager box?

Heh, hadn't noticed that one. I guess now we know the REAL reason Imagic went under. Lucasarts killed! The power to make great 2600 games was insignificant next to the power of the lawyers, apparently :D

I've always loved their Falcon label for Star Voyager (as you can see from my long-standing avatar)... didn't know they'd done something similar for Subterranea!

I also didn't know they had a picture-label version of Subterranea... glad I'm not a label-variant collector!!

Heh heh "kit bashing" -- making new stuff by slapping together bits and pieces from pre-existing model kits...the original Star Wars guys did that all the time!

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing that the original death star set was made out of 5000 battleship models, or something to that effect.

I've always loved their Falcon label for Star Voyager (as you can see from my long-standing avatar)... didn't know they'd done something similar for Subterranea!

I hadn't noticed that until to day. Too funny. Beats those plastic dinosaurs anyday :)

Yep, I always loved finding the different Star Wars ships in the Imagic pictures. That's a Tie Interceptor and Imperial Shuttle, along with the B-Wing on the Subterranea box, among other things.

I have the three Imperial dinosaurs from the Demon Attack box which I plan on using to make exact replicas of the "demons", so I can hang them from the ceiling :cool:

I thought everybody had two or three of these boxes lying around  :ponder:

846443[/snapback]

I hate you :x :x :x

What's the estimated value of just what's in that pic? It's just too much for one person to have, dammit. Seriously, you could get a new car for that shelf. :)