IGNORED

Lynx found in the wild

Sully70

Modest find of a bare Atari Lynx for $3.00 at a thrift. Powered on fine, I searched high and low in the vicinity for any games, but no luck. Not even a game stuck in the console. I never bought a Lynx back in the day, so it was nice to finally find one! Gave me some thrifting optimism for about a day or two, then I fell back into the reality that finding good Atari stuff in thrifts is a rare event these days.

Modest find of a bare Atari Lynx for $3.00 at a thrift. Powered on fine, I searched high and low in the vicinity for any games, but no luck. Not even a game stuck in the console. I never bought a Lynx back in the day, so it was nice to finally find one! Gave me some thrifting optimism for about a day or two, then I fell back into the reality that finding good Atari stuff in thrifts is a rare event these days.

846853[/snapback]

Excellent find!! :thumbsup:

It is possible to find a Lynx in the wild. I did it last year. Just about wet myself in shock, too. Got a Lynx (no battery cover, naturally), four games, a briefcase style carrying case, a broken AC adapter (tip broken off), and another power cable that had nothing to do with the Lynx, thrown in the case for no real reason. $12.92. I gave it to a friend of mine at work. I didn't need it, I already own three!

The only lynx items I have ever found at a thrift were 2 carts, APB & Slime world. They were actually stuffed into a TG-16 blazing lazers case. I almost passed it up since I don't own a Turbografx. Once I looked inside though that clinched it for me. I believe they were $3.00 total for both of them. There are about 4 game stores around me that sell Lynx stuff but their prices are a bit high although I have gotten a few good deals there.

Edited by glitch

• 3 months later...
Oh, really?  How much do they typically cost?

JR

919807[/snapback]

Typically.... anywhere betwenn $10 and $20.

That was how I got so many Lynx systems. I bought 2 off of one guy back when I first started for $7. $5 for one system and $2 for the other (it didn't have a battery cover). Bought a battery cover off of ebay.

Bought another Lynx system in a large carrying case... with 7 carts for $25. Bought two off of a guy for $25 ($10 for a Lynx I and $15 for a Lynx II).

Normally... anytime i see them, I can get the price talked down if they are wanting some stupid price for them. The easiest way: Let it sit there a few weeks and ask the price again. They know who I am, and they know it will just sit there if I don't buy it.

Saw 1 Lynx at a yard sale. Got it for $5

And then I bought one from GameExchange. They had a price of $39.99 on there (or something similar... this was my first Lynx purchase by the way). The deal with it though... the kid behind the counter thought it was broke (the contrast was turned down and he didn't know how to adjust it). They sold it to me for $10. :lust: That one was a really nice one... I still use it to play all of my games on.

Granted... there are a few places I don't bother with. One guy (where I have found MANY rare Atari games from {Qbert Qubes, Mr. Do Castle, etc]) has a Lynx system with a screen cover for ONLY $79.99 (This is at a flea market, mind you). Granted the guy has a 20% off sale every weekend... but still. What? $64 dollars or something like that? Not my cup of tea. That has been sitting there untouched for around 4 years.

There is another one that I am eyeing right now... but it is in a different part of Oklahoma. It is a Lynx System with about 40 games. I'm not even sure which games are in there, but the guy was wanting like $300 for everything and would not sell individual games. That was about 2 years ago. I may go back and haggle... depending on if there are a few ridged carts and flat carts I need in there. Then sell the rest on EPAY.....