IGNORED

Help me like Off The Wall

kencrisis

I've been giving Off The Wall a lot of play lately, but only to try to figure out why people like this game. So far it eludes me. Maybe I'm too big a fan of Breakout/Super Breakout. Maybe I'm too impatient to wait what seems like forever for the next ball to come out. But for some reason, no matter how much I've been not enjoying this game, I keep trying to "find the love." So far, it seems chaotic and when I try to do the same thing twice I get different results.

Can you help me? Can you explain to me what is enjoyable about this game? Are there strategies to the play that I'm missing?

Can you help me? Can you explain to me what is enjoyable about this game? Are there strategies to the play that I'm missing?

851439[/snapback]

I agree that it's a bit more "chaotic." I've yet to learn how to properly return the ball in a certain direction, if it's even possible, and there are times that I feel my character was close enough to the ball to hit it back, only to watch the ball sail by.

There are some useful strategies. Concentrate on the dragon rather than the blocks; I found that with lack of fine control over the ball, it will take a very long time to eliminate the wall completely. If you can get the powerup that lets you move the ball left and right, just sit underneath the dragon and let the ball bounce up and down. Shift a bit so that the ball stays somewhere in the wall (such as with blocks beneath it), and repeat. You can hit the dragon two or three times before the powerup runs out.

Also, the game gets a lot more challenging once the bird is there to keep the ball away from the wall. Once you get to this level, you may find it more exciting.