IGNORED

old tv with new all in one

gremlin

so for my mfa painting thesis show tomorrow i tried to hook up one of those new fangled joysticks with 40 games to an old tv set.

i got a 2 into 1 rca adaptor that i plugged into a radio shack swith box that screws onto the back of the set which is not cable ready.

i get a different fuzzy wavy gibberish image on every single channel.

is this possible to do?!

i really don't want to leave one of my extra vcs units in there for every motorhead who wanders by to break or steal. i just want folks to be able to play the games and bring back some memories!

barrett

barrettskrypeck@yahoo.com

You need a tv with video (AV) inputs. You are trying to put it through the RF input - which is not going to work. You need to:

1. get a newer tv

2. get a VCR that has video inputs and run the game through it

3. buy a RF modulator at Radio Trash, or

4. go out and buy a beer and just talk about the good ole days!

You need a tv with video (AV) inputs.  You are trying to put it through the RF input - which is not going to work.  You need to:

1. get a newer tv

2. get a VCR that has video inputs and run the game through it

3. buy a RF modulator at Radio Trash, or

4. go out and buy a beer and just talk about the good ole days!

852379[/snapback]

The RF modulator won't help connect A/V cables. You'd need a signal converter box into which you plug A/V cables, then plug the other end -- RF -- into the TV. It works, but it costs about as much as a cheap VCR anyway.

You'd need a signal converter box into which you plug A/V cables, then plug the other end -- RF -- into the TV.  It works, but it costs about as much as a cheap VCR anyway.
= RF Modulator.

Probably $20-$30 in the average electronics store. Probably can be found for as low as $15. A VCR is a good alternative (and free if you have one)

ehhh, all too much work, time, trouble, and money. i just put my extra 2600 in the show.

i can't get a newer tv, cause it has to be from the 70's.

how would i hook up a new vcr to an old tv that only has vhf and uhf screws to connect to (2 screws for each) on back?

i just had the gallery monitors promise that they would keep an eye on it and lock it up at night.

funny story, one member of my thesis commitee, who is the same age as me (32), walked in for my thesis defense, and began playing ms. pac man before even looking at my paintings! she had a great story about how her grandmother broke her thumb while playing asteroids.

barrett

"how would i hook up a new vcr to an old tv that only has vhf and uhf screws to connect to (2 screws for each) on back?"

Buy an adapter that will convert the coaxial cable thing to 2 screws. I have several hanging around here, probably 5 bucks at Radio Shack.