IGNORED

Difficulty Trying To Run M.E.S.S.

Vic George

I have the newest version and I can run it just fine.. This might help, here is how I have mine layed out..

C:mess32bbiosa78007800.zip (4k)

C:mess32bsoftwarea7800[ROMs here, unzipped; I have problems getting it to run zipped roms]

I am running b15 on a WinME box

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: liquid_sky ]

Interesting, I just got it to work. I had to set it up like this:

C:mess32bbiosa78007800.zip

The last version I had (which may not have been the directly previous release) ran fine with the zip file in the 'bios' folder as opposed to a 7800 sub-folder. Did you mean .zip file as well, or are you actually running it with a 7800.bin file?

The way it's supposed to work (and if it doesn't work like this, the MESS team needs to know ASAP) is like this:

separate files - C:MESSBios(system)biosrom1.rom, etc.

Zipped files - C:MESSBios(system).zip

Make sure the (system) name matches the one given in the readme. (example: Atari 7800 is "a7800" not "7800") Also keep in mind that individual rom names can and sometimes will get changed from release to release (happens more often in MAME than MESS tho) so it's important to read all the docs.

I actually just tried that one and it seems to work OK with the keyboard but not my gravis gamepad. I can't seem to get the second button to emulate.

BTW, someone should tell the mess people about the fact that the second button doesn't emulate.

• 4 weeks later...