IGNORED

New Lynx game 2005?

SwedenLynxer

2004 was a great Lynx year (the best in 10 years or so...) with the release of the amazing Alpine Games, along with Pokermania and Loopz. Do you think there will be any games released on cart this year?? If so, which game do you think is most likely to be the next game released? I know there is numerous project being worked on.

2004 was a great Lynx year (the best in 10 years or so...) with the release of the amazing Alpine Games, along with Pokermania and Loopz. Do you think there will be any games released on cart this year?? If so, which game do you think is most likely to be the next game released? I know there is numerous project being worked on.

866387[/snapback]

I think they should do a version of "Ms.Pac-Man 2000." That would be totally rad for the Lynx.

What happened to "Eye of the beholder" ?

866625[/snapback]

Chances for an official release are essentially nil. I believe that Tempest said that he'd dump this one for general circulation, and of course Harry does have that demo on his website.

I'd say that Relief Pitcher will probably be the next cart release, though I'm still waiting for Push Around the World.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately progress on Distant Lands has been very slow... part of that is due to real life, and part is due to RPGs being such complex games to make (as opposed to something simple like Ponx).

I haven't even been able to find time to work on Ultravore yet, even though that game is over 50% complete. :(

Having said all that, there are definitely some talented people in the Lynx scene, and I hope we see some new cart games released in the next 6-12 months.

I'm mostly waiting for Relief Pitcher, would love to see how that plays on the Lynx. It looks great.

Lemmings 2 sounds very intersting and could possibly sell a record number of homebrew carts (after you change the name of course :))

What happened to "Eye of the beholder" ?

866625[/snapback]

Chances for an official release are essentially nil. I believe that Tempest said that he'd dump this one for general circulation, and of course Harry does have that demo on his website.

I have the rom image, but the cart is special. It's a 512K cart with a built in memory for saving games. From what I understand, this doesn't work in emulators. I also have no idea how it could be mass produced, since I don't think any other Lynx game uses this odd confiiguration. But since I really don't want to have any legal dealings with WotC, reproductions are not going to happen...

I'll post the rom later tonight if I can.

Tempest

I have the rom image, but the cart is special. It's a 512K cart with a built in memory for saving games.  From what I understand, this doesn't work in emulators.  I also have no idea how it could be mass produced, since I don't think any other Lynx game uses this odd confiiguration.  But since I really don't want to have any legal dealings with WotC, reproductions are not going to happen...

888059[/snapback]

The emulator can be adopted. A picture of the cart pcb (both sides) and the labels on the chips would be a good start.

Unfortunately progress on Distant Lands has been very slow... part of that is due to real life, and part is due to RPGs being such complex games to make (as opposed to something simple like Ponx).

I haven't even been able to find time to work on Ultravore yet, even though that game is over 50% complete. :(

Having said all that, there are definitely some talented people in the Lynx scene, and I hope we see some new cart games released in the next 6-12 months.

887536[/snapback]

How is the Mystery Lynx Project coming along?

Not as fast as I'd like... but that's because I'm working on another Mystery Project this summer. ;)

And to distract myself even more, the annual Mini-game Competition has got me thinking about two different ideas for small, fun, and original arcade-style games. If only there were 5 of me to get all these projects finished... :D

Didn't you just have another kid? Hey, it doesn't hurt to think ahead for the future (Songbird and Son Productions). :cool:

Not as fast as I'd like... but that's because I'm working on another Mystery Project this summer. ;)

And to distract myself even more, the annual Mini-game Competition has got me thinking about two different ideas for small, fun, and original arcade-style games. If only there were 5 of me to get all these projects finished... :D

888879[/snapback]

I'd also really like to see Lemmings 2, although the title would, of course, have to be changed.

Hmm...does anyone have the original coder's address? I once had the end credits (containing said address) printed out, but I seem to have misplaced that.

869135[/snapback]

I know him from way back, and that address won't work now. I'll drop him an email and see if he'll come to the lynx forum.

Gordon

Would be awesome to have Duranik's support for Distant Lands artwork and gfx.

Didn't they played with the idea of making an adventure game for Lynx?

Lemmings 2 and Bomberman would be both awesome.

Though the Lynx community is very small its gifted with some great talents, supporting it with excellent software for another decade.

Cheers

887536[/snapback]