IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 21: Thunderground

Ze_ro

Ok, I am done with this one!

Why roll it twice? I wanted to see what happened when you reach the 100th board. Nothing. The board counter resets to 00 after the 99th board. By the time I reached 100 boards, the score was over 2.5 million  :cool:

870337[/snapback]

If you recorded it to video, that would more than double the world record.

Ok, I am done with this one!

Why roll it twice? I wanted to see what happened when you reach the 100th board. Nothing. The board counter resets to 00 after the 99th board. By the time I reached 100 boards, the score was over 2.5 million  :cool:

870337[/snapback]

If you recorded it to video, that would more than double the world record.

870440[/snapback]

No, didn't record it. But, if I wanted to do it again, I certainly could. There's a simple strategy I use for each wave and the difficulty maxxes out pretty quickly.

I wanted to see if there was any change in gameplay after 100 boards but it didn't seem like it.

Anyway, this is another game that before this week, I haven't bothered to play other than test it to see if the cart worked. Interesting concept in gameplay, different.

I think I can roll this one.

My advice is to dig straight tunnels from the top to the bottom. Let the white tanks follow you down (the blue ones will, anyway), then scoot up to the top and start blasting away. You always move faster than the enemy, even at the higher levels. So, the farther they have to travel, the more time you have to do some damage.

Fun game!

post-6975-1118274063_thumb.jpg

Hello, I'm new to this forum and AtariAge in general. :) I have a small collection of games right now, and I don't have this one in my collection. I'm using a stelladaptor I got in the mail today on my emulator though, and it makes the experience much more rewarding. Here is my first score if I can attach this correctly:post-7074-1118274648_thumb.jpg

Wave 26

With a few more games and my learning to be a bit more patient, I'll probably roll this before the week is out.  I'll NOT be contesting 5th ghost, though, he can have his 2 mil.

Nice work buddy!

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

871005[/snapback]

Thanks!

Good luck rolling it, I know you'll get it.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to show off with my score, I just wanted to see how high the board counter went to. I felt kinda jipped :D

That's one of the things I liked about some of the Activision games that give you the "!!!!!!" or whatever when you get one million. It gives you the sense of finality as well as a neat visual reward for your effort. It also stops you from playing a game forever :)

That's one of the things I liked about some of the Activision games that give you the "!!!!!!" or whatever when you get one million. It gives you the sense of finality as well as a neat visual reward for your effort. It also stops you from playing a game forever  :)

I agree! :)

I can't get into this game. The tank's bullets travel so fast later on and they respawn so quickly.

871207[/snapback]

During the later stages, you want to avoid shooting the tanks. Instead, lure them to the bottom of the screen, to give yourself time to clear out the shield at the top and quickly blast away the reactors.

I just ordered this one. I'm hoping it gets here in time for me to compete. I haven't had any time over the last two weeks to play, and the two weeks before that featured games I don't own. I'm starvin' here! :D

I just ordered this one. I'm hoping it gets here in time for me to compete. I haven't had any time over the last two weeks to play, and the two weeks before that featured games I don't own. I'm starvin' here!  :D

871386[/snapback]

This is a 4K game - it would fit in a Supercharger. They pop up on ebay every now and then. I picked up 3 a couple years ago(for myself, brother & sister). They went for $35-40 each. About half the 2K and 4K games work on the Supercharger w/out any problem. The other half require you to make a fairly simple hardware modification.

Another option is the Krokodile Cartridge, but the next batch is still on backorder.