IGNORED

Need an XEGS keyboard?

Gunstar

I recently ordered what I thought was a replacement keyboard for the 65/130XE from an online site, becuase it stated on "XE" keyboard, and there was no picture. What I got was an XEGS keyboard, and I don't own an XEGS. I did remove the keyboard from it's case and it will plug into and work on my 130XE, but it's missing all the option keys and mechanisms except for (HELP), as the rest are on the base unit for the XEGS. I was going to just take the option keys out of my XE as they all still work fine and install them in the XEGS "naked" keyboard, but I have the old-style keyboard for the XE, which has different mechanisms than the XEGS's key mechanisms. So I can't swap. I'm just wondering if anyone needs an XEGS keyboard and if so, PM me. If I don't get a response, I'll post it for offical sale in the marketplace forum and eventually E-bay. It has a mettalic sticker/label on the bottom-center of the keyboard case, that reads "sample," which leads me to believe it was part of a demo model XEGS at one time. it works, it's in decent shape, though a few random keycaps are yellowed. I payed $15 for it online.

Edited by Gunstar

I recently ordered what I thought was a replacement keyboard for the 65/130XE from an online site, becuase it stated on "XE" keyboard, and there was no picture. What I got was an XEGS keyboard, and I don't own an XEGS. I did remove the keyboard from it's case and it will plug into and work on my 130XE, but it's missing all the option keys and mechanisms except for (HELP), as the rest are on the base unit for the XEGS. I was going to just take the option keys out of my XE as they all still work fine and install them in the XEGS "naked" keyboard, but I have the old-style keyboard for the XE, which has different mechanisms than the XEGS's key mechanisms. So I can't swap. I'm just wondering if anyone needs an XEGS keyboard and if so, PM me. If I don't get a response, I'll post it for offical sale in the marketplace forum and eventually E-bay. It has a mettalic sticker/label on the bottom-center of the keyboard case, that reads "sample," which leads me to believe it was part of a demo model XEGS at one time. it works, it's in decent shape, though a few random keycaps are yellowed. I payed $15 for it online.

881809[/snapback]

I have an extra XEGS with no keyboard. Wanna buy it? :D

Mitch

I have an extra XEGS with no keyboard. Wanna buy it? :D

Mitch

881896[/snapback]

I think I have an XEGS with no keyboard or it might be a keyboard with no XEGS, hard to keep track of Atari computer stuff. Can you have too much Atari stuff? ;)

I'll probably PM you about that keyboard just to be safe :)

Well, either way would be good for me. I'll sell this XEGS keyboard, or I'll buy an XEGS minus keyboard from one of you. I was actually going to bid on an XEGS setup a little while ago, but had more important things to get at the time. I just don't need an XEGS keyboard with no unit, so I either get rid of it, or get an XEGS. so I might be in touch about buying the keyboardless XEGS you have shortly Mitch, if you seriously want to sell, and posted for that reason beyond a slight joke...

Well, either way would be good for me. I'll sell this XEGS keyboard, or I'll buy an XEGS minus keyboard from one of you. I was actually going to bid on an XEGS setup a little while ago, but had more important things to get at the time. I just don't need an XEGS keyboard with no unit, so I either get rid of it, or get an XEGS. so I might be in touch about buying the keyboardless XEGS you have shortly Mitch, if you seriously want to sell, and posted for that reason beyond a slight joke...

882219[/snapback]

Sure, I'll be happy to sell it. It's just a spare I have sitting around, I think I even have the power supply for it. :)

Mitch