IGNORED

Atari 400 game sites...

Jess Ragan

Someone mentioned that they were looking for sites with old Atari 400 computer games on them, and I remember that there was a great page filled with .atr files... it had a simple blue and yellow layout but there were a whole lot of games on it. Does anyone remember this site and its address? I can't for the life of me recall what it was.

JR

I was looking for 8-bit sites, I don't know if I'm who your refering too, but I know of a couple, one is holme's 8-bit games site and there is another one too that is real good. I don't know if either is the one your refering too, but you might give them a shot. I'll get back to you on the addresses. In the meantime, check the links page here at AtariAGe, for all I know they might be there...

• 3 weeks later...

Correction...Holmes has most of the game .atr's, but you don't see many other types of images there (like utilities, languages, etc.). Still looking for one of those.

Ops-

How about adding the Holmes site to your links? It's been posted often enough.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

quote:

Originally posted by Nukey Shay:

Correction...Holmes has most of the game .atr's, but you don't see many other types of images there (like utilities, languages, etc.). Still looking for one of those.

Ops-

How about adding the Holmes site to your links? It's been posted often enough.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

Holme's site does have ton of games, but it does really only have about 75-80% of them. I've been all over the net looking for 8-bit games and there are a LOT on other sites that are not there, if we're talking *all* Atari programs including utilities and languages and such, drop that percentage down to about 50%. It has most of the U.S. releases (still missing some of those too), but it lacks a TON of games from across the Atlantic where Atari's impact out lasted that of the U.S.

One site alone, that has a lot of games not at the Holmes site is Mr. Bacardi's page at: http://people.freenet.de/mrbacardi/

Mind you, that's just *one* site with a few more...there are a lot of others too.