IGNORED

What Atari 8-bit and next gen games are you...

Ross PK

playing at the moment?

I'm playing Los Angeles SWAT & Ninja (800XL), GTA San Andreas & Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

I have a DC as well but I haven't played anything on that for ages.

882879[/snapback]

L.A. Swat is a real fun game.

If you like to play A8 Games, you may join the HSC?

If I'm feeling fun and have the time, I play those games that are proposed to play in there....:)

So, I have no special game I'm playing on the A8.

On the PC I have to finish DooM³ R.o.E. , before it, I played Beyond Good & Evil, and Area 51 is waiting to be released at July the 1st here in germany.

I consider a "next gen" A8 game to be anything developed after the demise of Atari's commercial 8-bit development unit in '91-'92. My top "next gen" games:

1. "Castle Crisis"

2. "Mental Age"

3. "Beef Drop"

4. "The Terminator"

5. "Jurassic Park 2"

883155[/snapback]

Forgot to mention Castle Crisis! :lust:

The games I've been playing over the past couple of months are:

8-bit: Alternate Reality City/Dungeon, Star Raiders, and some shooters; Tigar Attack, Xenon, Zybex and Speed Hawk.

ST: Vroom, No Second Prize, Chaos Engine, Crazy Cars III.

DC: Half-Life, Metropolis Street Racer, NFL 2K2

PS2: Need For Speed Underground, GTA: Vice City, Battlestar Galactica, Red Faction, Draken and PS1 games Road Rash: Jail Break, Iron Soldier 3, Duke Nukem': Time to Kill.

3DO: Need For Speed, Starfighter, Space Hulk, Po'ed.

Nuon: Freefall 3150, Merlin Kart Racing

7800: Xevious, Tower Toppler, One on One, Ballblazer

Jaguar: I-war, Iron Soldier 2, World Tour Racing and Raiden.

playing at the moment?

I'm playing Los Angeles SWAT & Ninja (800XL), GTA San Andreas & Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

I have a DC as well but I haven't played anything on that for ages.

882879[/snapback]

L.A. Swat is a real fun game.

If you like to play A8 Games, you may join the HSC?

If I'm feeling fun and have the time, I play those games that are proposed to play in there....:)

So, I have no special game I'm playing on the A8.

On the PC I have to finish DooM³ R.o.E. , before it, I played Beyond Good & Evil, and Area 51 is waiting to be released at July the 1st here in germany.

883017[/snapback]

Yeah, I posted my high score for Mountain king in there, I think it's beaten everyone elses.

The high score club has given me more incenitive to play those games to try and beat the scores, it makes them a lot more fun. I can't get my camera to work on my PC though, so if I want to post a score it means I'll have to play it on an emu and take a screenshot. It's more harder playing them on a keyboard though.

Umm... at the moment Warhawk and Vanguard have been giving me a bit of a kicking on the A8 and i'm about to have a more serious look at Cubico and Laser Blaster in the very near future since we need to catch up with the reviews at Oldschool Gaming! =-)

For more current hardware, i'm back to being totally hooked on Psyvariar 2 and been getting to grips with Chaos Field, both on the Dreamcast.

Are you sure 'Vanguard' was ever released on the A8, 2600/5200 maybe, not the a8 i don't think (might have been a 'proto' version or something)

Warhawk... I got to level 7 witout using a disk sector editor (or omnimon)

Played defender to death (as in scored 9,999,999 then the score goes back to 0)

clocked joust on easy level (as in, got to and completed level 99), both of the above without cheating

And any of my cassete games (over 200) that were worth playing (if you didn't mind waiting the mandatory 15-20 for the game to load... reminds me of the average speed of the cbm 64 disk drive... not that i wanrt to rub their noses in it)

As for current gaming system games, i cant think of any current games that would actually make me cack in my pants and actually go out and buy the gaming system just to play the game.... unlike star raiders, defender, pac man etc etc... none of the modern games have longevity and a long shelf life built into them

As in most of the current games are a bit like the modern/current pop music scene, like here today, gone tommorrow, whereas the Atari games mentioned above are the videogame equivalents of Cliff Richard, Maddonna, Kylie etc.etc.. are to Pop music, namely that they've stood the test of time well

Are you sure 'Vanguard' was ever released on the A8, 2600/5200 maybe, not the a8 i don't think (might have been a 'proto' version or something)

i think it's a port of the 5200 version...?

As for current gaming system games, i cant think of any current games that would actually make me cack in my pants and actually go out and buy the gaming system just to play the game....

Well if our Dreamcast ever gave up the ghost i'd be getting another for Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2, Chaos Field, Zero Gunner 2 or Border Down, i've got a stack of about thirty PS1 games i'd have to replace the hardware for if one of our machines died and we're looking at getting a PS2 because i seriously want Gradius V and R-Type Final (as well as the special edition of Gunbird). Oh, and i'd like an Xbox for Outrun 2. =-)

thanks.......weird game. How many times do I have to shoot the bad guys before they die: they seem to be invulnerable  :roll:

885779[/snapback]

1x

Are you playing it in the emulator? Beta 3 of the ATARI800win plus 4 has problems with the collisions.

thanks.......weird game. How many times do I have to shoot the bad guys before they die: they seem to be invulnerable  :roll:

885779[/snapback]

1x

Are you playing it in the emulator? Beta 3 of the ATARI800win plus 4 has problems with the collisions.

885782[/snapback]

Oh, yes, I'm using plus4beta :D

I already started wondering yesterday why most of my games didn't work properly.