IGNORED

Buying new lynx

xubidoo

hi ,i have a Lynx 1 currently and am happy with it until now :)

just bought Alpine Games and its a gr8 game ,its advertised as Atari Lynx 1 + 2 compatable but only prob i have is once i put cart into Lynx i cant get it back out lol,to remedy this ive had to remove the cartridge flap which tbh is not ideal.

So..ive begun to think about buying a Lynx 2 to make these kinda games easier to remove.

But my problem with buying mk2 is that i dont really think they are very reliable ,many yrs ago when they came out i bought 2 in space of 6 mnths and both suffered the dreaded sticky d-pad syndrome :(

wat id like to know now is if i buy another Lynx 2 and this problem happens again (which im sure it will) how easy is this to fix ? bear in mind im not very good at this kinda fixing things thing :roll:

any advice/help appreciated

thanks

hi ,i have a Lynx 1 currently and am happy with it until now :)

just bought Alpine Games and its a gr8 game ,its advertised as Atari Lynx 1 + 2 compatable but only prob i have is once i put cart into Lynx i cant get it back out lol,to remedy this ive had to remove the cartridge flap which tbh is not ideal.

So..ive begun to think about buying a Lynx 2 to make these kinda games easier to remove.

But my problem with buying  mk2 is that i dont really think they are very reliable ,many yrs ago when they came out i bought 2 in space of 6 mnths and both suffered the dreaded sticky d-pad syndrome :(

wat id like to know now is if i buy another Lynx 2 and this problem happens again (which im sure it will) how easy is this to fix ?  bear in mind im not very good at this kinda fixing things thing  :roll:

any advice/help appreciated 

thanks

882899[/snapback]

I have not found the "Mark 2" to be either fragile or prone to failure, and would simply suggest that you buy one from a reputable source. I'm pretty sure that one of the retailers offers a Lynx package for around $35, and that's a good place to start.

Lynx problems tend to be difficult experience, in my opinion, given the fact that few people have experience with them and it's usually just cheaper to buy a replacement machine. My only problems have been with the Lynx screen -- but when that goes, it's often a fatal problem.

thanks for the help,the 2 Lynx Mk2`s i mentioned were in fact Brand new when it was released ,the 1st got the dodgy dpad within a month so i returned it to to shop from where i bought it ,who gave me a new machine.That also went kaput from the same problem ,(pad sticking to the left) that happend about 4 mnths later ,so i returned that to the shop and got a refund ,never touched a lynx 2 since lol.

But these days i cant really return it to the shop under warranty lol ,is ashame as i think the lynx 2 was much better in shape and features etc ,either i was really unlucky having 2 with same prob in short space of time or it must be a common prob,which i why i asked if it was easy enuff or even possible to fix ?

I think the Lynx 2 IS a very reliable machine. Never caused me any big problems during the years (and remember SwedenLynxer plays his Lynx a LOT :D)

But I did have this "sticky d-pad syndrome" with one of my Lynx II. I just took the Lynx apart and cleaned the contacts and the Lynx has worked fine after this. But sometimes cleaning obviously is not enough.

Read more about this problem and how to solve it here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62026

Maybe you have to strong thumbs xubidoo? :P

Can't be easy to play the Lynx with those hands anyway *looking at your avatar* :P