IGNORED

unbelievable...

http://www.cronosoft.co.uk  Site Temporarily Unavailable - Daily Bandwidth Limit Reached  :(

That's a problem with the current host, i'm in the process of redesigning the Cronosoft site to heavily reduce bandwidth use and will be taking over hosting as well i believe.

Shoot,  I wanted to try out VIColumn before I mow the lawn.

886174[/snapback]

Umm, y'can't try it from the site only buy it on tape or as an emulator image. There'll be a release version added to my site at www.cosine.org.uk (i coded ViColumn to avoid any confusion) in about a month's time after the tape version has a chance to make it's mark, so to speak.

Umm, y'can't try it from the site only buy it on tape or as an emulator image.  There'll be a release version added to my site at www.cosine.org.uk (i coded ViColumn to avoid any confusion) in about a month's time after the tape version has a chance to make it's mark, so to speak.

886194[/snapback]

Gotcha! :) Looks like I will be making my first ever purchase for a VIC20 game real soon!

does it include 4mat msx?

886293[/snapback]

Yup, complete game and soundtrack running from under 3583 bytes...

WOW... Now all we need id for them to start making some Atari 8-bit games :)

886298[/snapback]

They already are... well, i already am to be strictly accurate; Reaxion for the Atari 8bit is just being mastered up for tape so they can release it. So there'll be similar PR to what ViColumn had when that happens...

just bet on a vic-20 on ebay + 16k cart... :) as far as i know i can connect my 1581 floppy from c64 as well???

886326[/snapback]

i'm not a hundred percent sure about the 1581, in theory any Commodore serial device should work so it should be a happy bunny but check first on that.

if only there were some easy way to make floppies that worked in a 1581 from a pc....

i love my vic, have never stopped playing it. can't wait to see new stuff on it.

887878[/snapback]

You can. This particular program works best in straight DOS, however (but there is also information included to help you gain access to 1581 disks under x86 Linux). It works with standard D81 images, as used by many other tools (including VICE). It can handle both reading and writing disk images.

i mixed up the drive no. it's a simple 1541 in bright grey colour... as i have a c64 II... but this should work as well with my vic?

888186[/snapback]

From memory it should be perfectly happy, the C64's disk system is a straight follow-on from the VIC because Commodore wanted to keep them device compatible, a stock 1541 should be a happy bunny and i'm relatively sure that i've used a 1541-II when i was showing VIC code one someone else's machine.

You can also speed up the 1541 by about 25% with a VIC-20 by putting it in 1540 mode. Do this with the following BASIC statements: OPEN1,8,15,"UI-":CLOSE1

The drive will work fine without it, but it will be expecting the slower serial protocol of the C64, and since the VIC-20 has no badlines, the UI- command speeds it up. You can use that command on a C64 too, but you have to disable the screen, otherwise the badlines will trip up the serial accesses.

Edited by LocalH

if only there were some easy way to make floppies that worked in a 1581 from a pc....

i love my vic, have never stopped playing it. can't wait to see new stuff on it.

887878[/snapback]

You can. This particular program works best in straight DOS, however (but there is also information included to help you gain access to 1581 disks under x86 Linux). It works with standard D81 images, as used by many other tools (including VICE). It can handle both reading and writing disk images.

887984[/snapback]

is there some way to make 1581 images out of c64 executables (as many as would fit,) or out of 1541 disk images?

and does the 1581 work on the vic, so i can copy files to 1581 disk using this app and then load them on my real vic?