IGNORED

Lot of Cartridges on ebay

Plastron

I've checked one sold by bubboboo and found this:

Description

Please see picture for condition. I currently have over 1000 Atari 8 bit cartridges including prototypes. Lots of these have some tape on them, I will leave it to the individual buyer to decide whether they want to remove it or not. I do not have time to test them so they are all "SOLD AS SEEN"

Is it possible to have over 1000 cartridges for A8?!?!

F.

Anyway, according to the various list for A8 carts available on the internet there dosent seem to be more then 150-175 cart's released for the A8, and not that many proto's, as after 1984 not many companies were doing A8 carts

890218[/snapback]

IIRC the number of officially released games carts is around 220. Of course there are utility carts and others too.

that's an improvement on from what i've seen, and anyway not every cartridge was released in all markets... i.e UK/EU or US, so my guess was around about right

I suppose of course, as with anything relating to Atari, the US markets got the majority of cart releases out there (official releases of course)

Check this out:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-8-...ION_CART-1.html

This list is not complete yet, of course.

Returning to the original topic, though, I've previously dealt with the seller, with no problems.

It's a pity about the additional labels on some of those carts, but with so many on sale at once, there's a chance to pick up a few unusual titles, maybe at decent prices.

Check this out:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-8-...ION_CART-1.html

This list is not complete yet, of course.

Returning to the original topic, though, I've previously dealt with the seller, with no problems.

It's a pity about the additional labels on some of those carts, but with so many on sale at once, there's a chance to pick up a few unusual titles, maybe at decent prices.

890546[/snapback]

They look similar to a bunch of carts that were sold on eBay a few weeks ago. It was suggested here that they came from a software lending library (such as one I was a member of around 1986-87). Would explain how he has so many carts. May even be the same seller, although these seem in better condition than the last bunch I saw.