IGNORED

Help needed with Lynx problem

Sheree1022

I have a problem with my Lynx and am looking for someone that might be able to help - I recently took my Lynx out of it's box where it's been for the last 10 years. Unfortunately, I had left batteries in it and they had leaked some. I took the cover off and cleaned out the leakage - it really had gotten only into the battery area and hadn't gone anywhere else. However, once I put it back together it now doesn't play all my games - only 2 of them work. I had a friend test the ones that didn't work and they work fine in her Lynx. So, what would make mine only want to play 2 of my games? The ones it likes are Zarlor Mercenary and Gates of Zendocon. Oh, and it will display the splash screen of SlimeWorld, but not play the game - the screen just goes blank, like on the ones it won't play at all. Does anyone have any idea what's going on??? :?

Thanks,

Sheree

If you haven't already, you might try using an AC adaptor to see if the games work.

Did you clean the battery contacts? It may be that the battery contacts have corroded and the working games don't draw as much power as the non-working ones.

Do you get the "INSERT GAME" screen?

Also, do you own a LYNX 1 or 2?

If you haven't already, you might try using an AC adaptor to see if the games work.

Did you clean the battery contacts? It may be that the battery contacts have corroded and the working games don't draw as much power as the non-working ones.

Do you get the "INSERT GAME" screen?

Also, do you own a LYNX 1 or 2?

907402[/snapback]

Hi -

Yes, I have tried using the AC adapter and I get the same results - nothing. I have cleaned the battery contacts, and anything else that looked like it needed cleaning.

Once in a while I get the "INSERT GAME" popping up, but not usually. What does that mean?

Oh, and I have a Lynx 2.

Thanks,

Sheree